The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

jwnicholson wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:53 pm I just checked Proud to be loud, Drugs and Money and The Next Big Thing. They were all a lot of fun, but I think my favorite was The Next Big Thing. It's a very catchy poppy earworm of a piece.
jeff
Hey Jess, thanks so much for the listen and the feedback. It is much appreciated.

wagtunes,
Thank you for answering my questions. I am currently working on a song with GX-80, though it might be a year before I go public with it.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:34 am wagtunes,
Thank you for answering my questions. I am currently working on a song with GX-80, though it might be a year before I go public with it.
Looking forward to hearing it. Let me know when it's completed.

8th track from my upcoming CD "Journey To The Other Side"

Probably my most ambitious arrangement ever at 40 tracks. A lot of work went into this. I think you're gonna like this if you're a fan of my usual stuff.

Growing Pains

When you're born life's a breeze
Spend most days on your hands and knees
But soon will come those growing pains

You grow up and go to school
Damn those kids can be so cruel
Oh well here comes those growing pains

You get knocked down time and time again
They say it gets better you just wonder when

Your first love you fall so fast
But as it goes first loves don't last
That's all part of those growing pains

Married life you have a child
They grow up to be so wild
They're gonna have those growing pains

No one on earth escapes hard times
So you save and save your nickels and dimes

And so it goes for everyone
Sometimes this life it ain't much fun
We all go through those growing pains

Instrumental Break

Repeat last Verse

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/growing-pains

9th track from my upcoming CD "Journey To The Other Side"

Gave the XILS 5000 Vocoder a spin on this one. Song itself was actually inspired by my recent purchase of Hive 2.

Hive Mind

Thought control
They are coming they will get you
Take your soul
And your parents will forget you

Lose yourself
You will become one with glory
On a shelf
No one ever hears your story

Ready set and go
All you have to know

Hive mind
Walking, talking while they're gawking
Hive Mind
Churning, burning while you're yearning
Nothing that you can do
While they've got a hold of you
Hive mind

Future shock
It is here now can you feel it
Bolt the lock
It's your fate and they will seal it

Repeat Pre Chorus and Chorus

Floating aimlessly in space
Time to meet the master race
Everything you need's in place
No one's gonna know you're gone

Instrumental Break

Repeat Pre Chorus and Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/hive-mind

Love it!
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:40 pmLove it!
I assume you mean the last one.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

Listened to a couple of your tracks (Hive Mind, Growing Pains and Jive Mind) and have to say the mixes on all are so clean and sound perfect to me. Hive mind starts off in an almost edm/techno style before switching which i thought was a nice touch and brought an element of surprise.

Its not really my genre so cannot really reference any other artists but your work is enjoyable and makes a nice change from what i would normally listen too.

Samiver wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:19 am Listened to a couple of your tracks (Hive Mind, Growing Pains and Jive Mind) and have to say the mixes on all are so clean and sound perfect to me. Hive mind starts off in an almost edm/techno style before switching which i thought was a nice touch and brought an element of surprise.

Its not really my genre so cannot really reference any other artists but your work is enjoyable and makes a nice change from what i would normally listen too.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated. What do you normally listen to if I may ask?

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:24 am
Samiver wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:19 am Listened to a couple of your tracks (Hive Mind, Growing Pains and Jive Mind) and have to say the mixes on all are so clean and sound perfect to me. Hive mind starts off in an almost edm/techno style before switching which i thought was a nice touch and brought an element of surprise.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated. What do you normally listen to if I may ask?
I Normally listen to a lot of electronic music (tech house, melodic techno, Techno, trance, Drum and Bass etc) but also like a fair bit of reggae and ambient music. I used to DJ Drum and Bass for 20 years and started creating music about 2.5yrs ago (still got a lot to learn).

Its actually creating music that has broadened my horizons as i enjoy listening to people's music on here and the reasontalk forum. people write such diverse stuff which i would never search out on spotify etc and it staggers me how much great music I would normally miss.

I have received a lot of constructive feedback that has helped me and although still fairly inexperienced i hope to pass on this assistance to others where i can so try to listen to peoples work when i have time.

Samiver wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:44 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:24 am

I Normally listen to a lot of electronic music (tech house, melodic techno, Techno, trance, Drum and Bass etc) but also like a fair bit of reggae and ambient music. I used to DJ Drum and Bass for 20 years and started creating music about 2.5yrs ago (still got a lot to learn).

Its actually creating music that has broadened my horizons as i enjoy listening to people's music on here and the reasontalk forum. people write such diverse stuff which i would never search out on spotify etc and it staggers me how much great music I would normally miss.

I have received a lot of constructive feedback that has helped me and although still fairly inexperienced i hope to pass on this assistance to others where i can so try to listen to peoples work when i have time.
I'll have to check out some of your stuff. You might want to listen to my Wyzyrd Of Trance album. It's probably closer to what you normally listen to than my normal stuff.

Here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -of-trance

Cool tracks and Yellow brick road, The cowardly lion and The wyzyrd of Trance are the stand out tracks for my liking.

I love the violin type lead sound in the wyzyrd of Trance. Do you recall if that is created in a synth or is it more sample based like NI libraries. I kinda think it is not sampled and is a synth but not sure why i think that. Fantastic sound that works brilliantly in the track either way.

If you check out my stuff i would not dig too deep as everything I have ever created is on soundcloud and i listen to some of my earlier stuff and cringe (albeit it is nice to see progression when i then listen to my newer tracks).

Samiver wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:55 am Cool tracks and Yellow brick road, The cowardly lion and The wyzyrd of Trance are the stand out tracks for my liking.

I love the violin type lead sound in the wyzyrd of Trance. Do you recall if that is created in a synth or is it more sample based like NI libraries. I kinda think it is not sampled and is a synth but not sure why i think that. Fantastic sound that works brilliantly in the track either way.

If you check out my stuff i would not dig too deep as everything I have ever created is on soundcloud and i listen to some of my earlier stuff and cringe (albeit it is nice to see progression when i then listen to my newer tracks).
Thanks for the listen. I had to pull up the project for Wyzyrd Of Trance to see what was in it because it's been 4 years. I didn't realize how involved this thing was. There are 37 tracks in it, which includes one FX track. However I can break this down a bit so it's not so complex.

All the drums and percussion came from Battery 4 using the stock libraries that came with it.

The bass was from Omnisphere 2.

Various FX from Omnisphere 2, Spire and Aparillo.

The orchestra bells came from EWQL percussion library.

The piano/strings patch came from Halion Sonic.

The ARP came from Rapid.

The violin and cello came from the Chris Hein Solo Violin and Cello Kontakt libraries. They are my go-to's for solo strings. Amazing sounds.

The synth lead and pluck came from Spire.

The synth strings came from Synthmaster 2.

The gong came from EWQL percussion library.

Finally, the orchestra in the background, consisting of:

Violins 1&2
Violas
Cellos
Horns
Full Strings

came from Vienna Orchestral libraries played through MIR 24 which is a soundstage simulating actual concert halls and rooms. I must have spent about 3 grand on VSL stuff.

I know I put a lot of work into this project but I had no idea it was this much.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:31 am
Samiver wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:55 am Cool tracks and Yellow brick road, The cowardly lion and The wyzyrd of Trance are the stand out tracks for my liking.

Thanks for the listen. I had to pull up the project for Wyzyrd Of Trance to see what was in it because it's been 4 years. I didn't realize how involved this thing was. There are 37 tracks in it, which includes one FX track. However I can break this down a bit so it's not so complex.

All the drums and percussion came from Battery 4 using the stock libraries that came with it.

The bass was from Omnisphere 2.

Various FX from Omnisphere 2, Spire and Aparillo.

The orchestra bells came from EWQL percussion library.

The piano/strings patch came from Halion Sonic.

The ARP came from Rapid.

The violin and cello came from the Chris Hein Solo Violin and Cello Kontakt libraries. They are my go-to's for solo strings. Amazing sounds.

The synth lead and pluck came from Spire.

The synth strings came from Synthmaster 2.

The gong came from EWQL percussion library.

Finally, the orchestra in the background, consisting of:

Violins 1&2
Violas
Cellos
Horns
Full Strings

came from Vienna Orchestral libraries played through MIR 24 which is a soundstage simulating actual concert halls and rooms. I must have spent about 3 grand on VSL stuff.

I know I put a lot of work into this project but I had no idea it was this much.
Than you so much for the detailed response. I had a look at the Chris hein libraries and they sound excellent albeit outside my price range. You can certainly hear the work that went into that track.

I listened to Hive Mind which is a very strong song. It has a creative arrangement which alternates between 80s synth heavy production and 70s piano-driven singer songwriter sections.

The vocals sound great. Perhaps it could use an additional instrument in the piano sections to fill out the arrangement?

The fully developed final chorus is a nice touch. Great stuff overall!

Return to “Music Cafe”