Your next hardware purchase (non guitar)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Deastman, the Tensor looked cool indeed. Maybe my next-next purchase!

tensor is indeed cool, already on the list :)
but its not really granular/scattery is it? id have to watch the demo vids again, i remember the capturing and reversing/slowing all that funky shit and immediately adding it to the bank managers nightmare list :lol:

i suppose those things by hologram, the dream sequence and tother one, they do sampling and granular, but im pretty sure theyre much shorter sample times?
again, bloody cool, some people getting some lovely sounds using them 8)

vurt wrote:my klein bottle should be here soonish...

whether i purchase anything before that, i don't know?
its all about places having stock :(
still a few pedals im after and a couple more modules chosen.
also im looking at the koma field kit, looks interesting 8)
well, i posted the above early may, since then field kit, check! more modules, check! klein bottle... errr

well, woohoo got my despatch notice today :D
cant wait for that puppy to show up!!! :hyper:

^^ excellent!
I've been eyeing up the field kit fx too for a while, so I'll be interested to see how you and others find it during the coming weeks / months.

And true about Tensor, plus the Hologram Dream Sequence and Infinite Jets(?).
There's been load of great ambient glitchy pedals coming out during the past couple of years :D

dark water wrote: There's been load of great ambient glitchy pedals coming out during the past couple of years :D
indeed!
was a fortunate time to finally be in a position with spare cash :hihi:

yeah! that's the hologram units, they do look nice, but there is just sooooo much, its hard to know which ones to pick :o

definitely need to pick up a few different delays to run through the klein, the tensor for sure will be fun in a feedback loop :o

I share the enthusiasm for all the FSU pedals which have been coming out lately but I've also found that simpler effects which have MIDI or expression pedal inputs are fertile ground glitchy effects. I love using my Octatrack's MIDI sequencer and LFOs to control parameters on my Eventide Pitchfactor. I also send CV from my modular to pedals with have expression pedal inputs, with some awesome results.

I just bought a bunch of wall multi-jacks. 2x6, 2x4, 2x2 and a bunch of 2 and 4 channel cable ... running patch panels to various parts of my eventual studio.

FSU pedals rock.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

justin3am wrote:I share the enthusiasm for all the FSU pedals which have been coming out lately but I've also found that simpler effects which have MIDI or expression pedal inputs are fertile ground glitchy effects. I love using my Octatrack's MIDI sequencer and LFOs to control parameters on my Eventide Pitchfactor. I also send CV from my modular to pedals with have expression pedal inputs, with some awesome results.
this is indeed true.
even something as simple as mixing up the generally accepted chain of fx. or using extreme settings and modulating to other extremes rapidly by hand where no expression is available, just tweaking a delay time back on forth on an old crunchy bbd :love:
so many textures hidden in the knobs :hihi:

vurt wrote:tensor is indeed cool, already on the list :)
but its not really granular/scattery is it? id have to watch the demo vids again, i remember the capturing and reversing/slowing all that funky shit and immediately adding it to the bank managers nightmare list :lol:

i suppose those things by hologram, the dream sequence and tother one, they do sampling and granular, but im pretty sure theyre much shorter sample times?
again, bloody cool, some people getting some lovely sounds using them 8)
Particle is more granular/scattery and Tensor feels more like tape manipulation to me. I also picked up Infinite Jets last year, but I’ve never really warmed up to it as much as the others.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

as mentioned above, id love to get tensor in an infinite loop with the klein bottle :o

vurt wrote:as mentioned above, id love to get tensor in an infinite loop with the klein bottle :o
I hadn’t seen the Klein Bottle before. That looks pretty awesome!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

knobs did a preview video way back in december, during the kickstarter.
they're just completing kickstarter and preorders now, not sure when it will be available for purchase.

mine is currently hanging around the customs desk at heathrow, rather it than me after last time :scared:

Probably a pair of Neve Shelford Channels but will need to sell some other bits first.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Probably a pair of Neve Shelford Channels but will need to sell some other bits first.
Looks sweet!
I currently have a stereo chain based on API and Elysia processors and Hairball Lola pres which sound great. Now I'm looking for another set of channels which have more of a vintage vibe. I've been looking at various versions of the 1073 with EQs but I haven't paid much attention to the new RND stuff. I was first considering the DIY route with Sound Skulptor Pres and EQs. It's just difficult to make an informed decision without being able to hear any of this stuff in my home studio.

im beginning to think someone at customs saw my magic box on youtube :x
how long does it take to calculate 17.5% or whatever it is now, of something and print a bloody invoice :x

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”