Made a new chillout track.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After recieving some tips here on kvr on how i could improve my workflow. I decided to try and make a track as fast as possible (took me about a day) . And ended up with this :P

It's a kind of a chillout track. Hope you enjoy !

https://soundcloud.com/rowbance/floating-nights
Last edited by Rowbance on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is amazing what can be achieved when setting deadlines, helps to focus the mind. Nothing really to critique about the mix although the double kick on the kick drum does wear a bit thin after hearing for that length of time, but that's my own personal taste.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Such an enjoyable piece, works lovely. :phones:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

biodiode wrote:It is amazing what can be achieved when setting deadlines, helps to focus the mind. Nothing really to critique about the mix although the double kick on the kick drum does wear a bit thin after hearing for that length of time, but that's my own personal taste.
Thanks ^^ Yeah setting a deadline really made me focus more on finishing the structure quickly. And after that i added some extra effects, piano. Really enjoyed working in a fast pace. :)

Zexila wrote:Such an enjoyable piece, works lovely. :phones:
Thank you ^^ Happy you liked it.

a tad vanilla for my taste , but quite well done ...

experimental.crow wrote:a tad vanilla for my taste , but quite well done ...
Thanks for listening crow :) Do you mean it could use some more work ? There's definitely some space for extra layers. I might rework it in the future.

This classic sample sounds very clean and polished here. What is the original song again? I remember it being used in Paid in Full by Eric B & Rakim.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Rameses wrote:This classic sample sounds very clean and polished here. What is the original song again? I remember it being used in Paid in Full by Eric B & Rakim.
The sample originally comes from : The Soul Searchers - Ashley's Roachclip

I didn't really do much to it except for adding psp vintage warmer.

got a nice chill vibe. not crazy about the flabby kick, but the choirs are sweet sounding.
could use some more 10khz+ sizzle imho, the tambourine sounds very lo-fi :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Rowbance wrote:
Rameses wrote:This classic sample sounds very clean and polished here. What is the original song again? I remember it being used in Paid in Full by Eric B & Rakim.
The sample originally comes from : The Soul Searchers - Ashley's Roachclip

I didn't really do much to it except for adding psp vintage warmer.
Thanks.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Return to “Music Cafe”