Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
LDKitz
KVRist

63 posts since 22 Jul, 2017

Postby LDKitz; Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:33 pm [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Now what

Whassup :D .. i just finished a new beat , and i need some help about the drums.
This time i added some reverb on the snare and the hi hats to make them less snappy.. i like the drums to be dry , but i guess that too much snap action could make your ears bleed :cry: .
Anyway . let me know what u think about the production in general.. and let me know if the kick has too much punch.

https://soundcloud.com/ldkitz/now-what

Peace.
sjm
KVRAF

1647 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:36 pm Re: [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Now what

Snare could - IMO - do with a longer ring on the reverb, and then gate it. It's all a little sudden for my ears. Not everyone likes that sound of course. I just think a little bit more ring is what you need.

That might counteract the kick a little too. I get why you're asking; I'm just not sure if it's actually the kick that's the issue causing the "suddenness" in the sound.
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
LDKitz
KVRist

Postby LDKitz; Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:09 am Re: [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Now what

Appreciate the feedback.
Yeah .. i guess i could've used a better snaredrum .. the one i used was like a stab , I used a compressor and some reverb to make it sound fuller... so thats the problem rly..
Rameses
KVRist

128 posts since 9 Mar, 2018, from Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Postby Rameses; Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:15 am Re: [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Now what

This sounds quite cool, I really like the order of the samples and the melodic structure they make up together.
To me it sounds similar to Dj Premier, it has a similar dryness to it and the way you flipped those samples also is similar to preemo.

You could add some more acoustic context and turn that vocal sample a little bit down, it doesn't match the overall volume.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ
LDKitz
KVRist

Postby LDKitz; Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am Re: [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Now what

Appreciate the love :hail:

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe