[experimental]LWJ - Entropy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

experimental house joint I made today. According to Soundcloud this is Microhouse, so there :clap:

https://soundcloud.com/lwj/entropy

enjoy!

like what you're doing here , with the exception of the percussion ,
which i found both too busy , and too repetitive ...

i'd be pulling that waaaaay back , and featuring rides , hats , and brush snares ...
super minimal ... the balance of the track is quite strong enough to carry it ...

you have some fine work herein ...

Thanks man, really appreciate it!

I see where you're coming from, but am just not quite there yet myself ;)
My background is a lot of jungle, hiphop, techno, house.. anything rooted in big drums and rhythm basically.
I'm definitely moving away from that gradually, but it'll probably be a while before I'll get to really minimal rhythm tracks. I'm still having a lot of fun exploring what you can do around 4/4 beats and shameless amounts of bass at the moment. When that gets old, yeah... it's definitely gonna move in that more abstract minimal direction. I also don't have the studio (precision) yet to go for that kind of sound, that's definitely a factor. This is all made on a humble Maschine MkI with failing pads (entropy at work) ;)

There's a new version up now (same link). Hopefully got rid of some of the harshness have things balanced better.

Return to “Music Cafe”