Current SDS 64-bit/development status? [edit: beta ready]

Official support for: nusofting.liqihsynth.com
Dullee
KVRist
111 posts since 9 Mar, 2018

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello, Luigi!

I've stumbled on a thread in this forum, where you promise your customer to release native 64-bit version of Strings Dream Synthesizer in one week. That thread is from 2010, btw :)

A fair question is, how come SDS was never updated to 64-bit in eight years since that promise? 8 years, that's a lot of time.

I'm not sure how SDS is doing in regards to sales, perhaps, you've lost interest in it, but 64-bit could boost both user interest and sales. Less and less people want to deal with 32-bit apps, it's true.

I was interested in it, but, frankly, I don't feel like paying 35$ for 32-bit abandonware last updated in 2011, you see my point? Unless you run a big sale on it.

Perhaps, 2018 is about time SDS finally gets 64-bit treatment. And might be a version 2.0 treatment as well?

So what's the latest on SDS?

Dullee
KVRist

Re: Current SDS 64-bit/development status?

Post Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:10 am

Nevermind.

It will take 8 more years for you to answer and then 8 more years to make 64-bit.

By that time I may already be dead.

Ciao!

liqih
DASH Guy
7271 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:11 am

What about reducing the time to 8 weeks, and having SDS upgrade for free?
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

Dullee
KVRist

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 am

What about reducing the time to 8 weeks, and having SDS upgrade for free?
I'd say, you definitely own that customer you promised 64-bit released in one week in 2010, a free update. No question about it.

The poor guy had to wait 8 bloody years for it. He 100% deserves it.

A free update and apologies you are such an unreliable, lazy, procrastinating developer, who makes false promises and never delivers.

And charging 35$ for 32-bit abandonware plugin from 2009 is a ripoff. Was it made in SynthEdit, btw?

Own up to it, old man. You have no say on the matter.

liqih
DASH Guy

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:40 am

Dulle I accept your complaint, I'm not lazy but the unjustified procrastination indeed happened, my fault was that I tried to do more that was humanly possible, during the past years. I will do the free upgrade now.
[BTW my plugins are all C++ native]

BlackWinny
KVRAF
3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 am

Hello Luigi,

Oh please, yes ! Make it, please !

And from me it is not a complaint, but a kind request... because I really dream of that 64-bit SDS for my New Age and Krautrock works.

Jacques
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

liqih
DASH Guy

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 am

Funny I just finished now the installer for SDS 2.0 x64 VSTi and I'm looking for a few betatesters.

BlackWinny
KVRAF

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm

liqih wrote:Funny I just finished now the installer for SDS 2.0 x64 VSTi and I'm looking for a few betatesters.
I have not a lot of time, but you can count me in, Luigi (and don't worry, as you know it's been a long time that I'm registered user of the 32-bit edition).
:D

Cheers,

Jacques
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny
KVRAF

Re: Current SDS 64-bit/development status? [edit: beta ready]

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 pm

liqih wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
liqih wrote:Funny I just finished now the installer for SDS 2.0 x64 VSTi and I'm looking for a few betatesters.
I have not a lot of time, but you can count me in, Luigi (and don't worry, as you know it's been a long time that I'm registered user of the 32-bit edition).
:D

Cheers,

Jacques
Great, I know, I will send you the beta installer, your e-mail is still the same I guess, <grin>.

Cheers,

Luigi
Yes, nothing hasn't changed.
:tu:

Return to “NUSofting + DashSignature”