sophias choice (guitar malady)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
38573 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 pm

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... choice.mp3

guitar
hubcap john fuzz face mod.
eqd transmisser
obne darkstar
ehx stereo memory man
ehx canyon

orange microcrush

samplitude
ni solid bus comp.

single pass, no overdubs.

sophia : the ai/robot that got citizenship in dubai.

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
9072 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:35 pm

I enjoyed that. The "lead" guitar had a sitar-esque quality, and I thought the track was quite minimal, almost like some early TD.

Good work :)

User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
620 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:12 am

My goodness...this is beautiful :tu:
Was there also a some little "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" in it...
And it has so much potential...Potential for a "Part 2" where the drones slowly grow bigger and bigger, more instruments coming in, joinging the drone and culminating in a wall of epic sound that send shivers down your spine...

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
5767 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 pm

choose well, Sophia. Make daddy Vurt proud!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
38573 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:53 am

seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed that. The "lead" guitar had a sitar-esque quality, and I thought the track was quite minimal, almost like some early TD.

Good work :)
cant get much more minimal than a man, a guitar and a chain of fx...
oh wait, could go acoustic. but wheres the fun in no fx? :hihi:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
38573 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 am

] Peter:H [ wrote:My goodness...this is beautiful :tu:
Was there also a some little "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" in it...
And it has so much potential...Potential for a "Part 2" where the drones slowly grow bigger and bigger, more instruments coming in, joinging the drone and culminating in a wall of epic sound that send shivers down your spine...
:oops: not sure ive ever heard anything ive done described as beautiful.

it will eventually be part of a trilogy. not sure about more instruments yet, but a wall of sound, for sure. sophia doesn't like it when her choices are limited...

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
38573 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:57 am

layzer wrote:choose well, Sophia. Make daddy Vurt proud!
im not her daddy :o
/im her sexhuman, shes my sexbot.

just have to get her out of dubai!
anyone up for a rescue mission?

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
2109 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:09 am

Lots of guitar goodness and processing. Ambient with attitude.
Made me want to check out some of those pedals...
Well done.
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
4741 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - Here!

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:15 am

Well! That was rather different. Not what I'd make a habit of, but enjoyable anyway.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
38573 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:54 am

Allomerus wrote:Lots of guitar goodness and processing. Ambient with attitude.
Made me want to check out some of those pedals...
Well done.
:)
of those listed i wholeheartedly recommend the canyon.
great price for a multimode delay.
cant say i love all the modes, but the looper alone would be worth the cash.
then theres an awesome tape delay, a deluxe memory man, a shimmer, a reverse, a reverb and the sample and hold.
all of those modes get a fair bit of use, so much so im thinking of picking up another one or two. would be nice to get the tape delay after the sample and hold in to the looper :o

then theres a few digital delay modes, which are good at what they are, im just not a huge fan of overly clean digital delays.


and thanks for listening :)
glad you liked :)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
38573 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:56 am

folderol wrote:Well! That was rather different. Not what I'd make a habit of, but enjoyable anyway.
thanks :)
especially as you gave something a chance youd normally not. that's a character trait i can respect. 8)

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
9072 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:21 pm

vurt wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed that. The "lead" guitar had a sitar-esque quality, and I thought the track was quite minimal, almost like some early TD.

Good work :)
cant get much more minimal than a man, a guitar and a chain of fx...
oh wait, could go acoustic. but wheres the fun in no fx? :hihi:
Funny you should say that. The track I just completed has.....no FX. Although I'll do a little EQ work on it.

fastlanephil
KVRian
641 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:09 pm

That was interesting!

I was imagining Ravi Shankar jamming in a bee hive. A performance for the Queen. You know, reincarnation. :lol:

User avatar
markkuja
KVRian
797 posts since 28 Oct, 2005 from Finland

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 am

interesting and exciting track
hovering ambiance in soundscape.

woggle
KVRAF
2192 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Re: sophias choice (guitar malady)

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:01 pm

nice, particularly for one pass. Sounds complete.

Return to “Music Cafe”