Sneak Peak Feedback Request

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would be great to get some feedback on this sneak peek from my upcoming track, please be honest.
Just found this Forum and can't believe how I haven't known about it for the last 2 years.

https://soundcloud.com/kobu1/soundcloud-test/s-cbJZK

ummmm honestly???????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:ummmm honestly???????
Haha, why is that considered a problem and what are the ways of fixing it?

KOBU wrote:
well, there are those that would argue theres no problem with it, but when was the last time you enjoyed a good movie on a tv with the brightness turned all the way up?
the way to fix it is to learn to mix and master. :phones: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Don't listen to Lazer... He trolls everyone that doesn't fit within his tiny musical sphere...

Truth is, if you're trying to make music like that, to compete with other modern EDM tracks, then you're going to have to smash the dynamics up. It's the trend... like it or loathe it.

So keep doing what you are doing. The mix seems fine... But I'm listening on my mac. I also don't make (or listen) to music like that tbh (I'm into Dark DnB). So take what I say with a pinch of salt. Or a shovel full in "Laaaayzers'" case...

Personally, I'd try and get a bit more weight on the kick (a bit of saturation, maybe) and color the synths with some extra parallel processing (chorus/phaser, etc). Nothing drastic... Just to pad them out a wee bit.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Welcome to the forum BTW.

Don't listen to Lazer... He trolls everyone that doesn't fit within his tiny musical sphere...

Truth is, if you're trying to make music like that, to compete with other modern EDM tracks, then you're going to have to smash the dynamics up. It's the trend... like it or loathe it.

So keep doing what you are doing. The mix seems fine... But I'm listening on my mac. I also don't make (or listen) to music like that tbh (I'm into Dark DnB). So take what I say with a pinch of salt. Or a shovel full in "Laaaayzers'" case...

Personally, I'd try and get a bit more weight on the kick (a bit of saturation, maybe) and color the synths with some extra parallel processing (chorus/phaser, etc). Nothing drastic... Just to pad them out a wee bit.
Thanks!
I understand that everyone have their own preferences, will defiantly check the kick and the leads when I come home to my studio.
DnB is a genre I would like to have a go at, It's always cool to try different things so the productions don't get as monotone as they can get. Anyhow thanks again for the feedback :)

layzer wrote:
KOBU wrote:
well, there are those that would argue theres no problem with it, but when was the last time you enjoyed a good movie on a tv with the brightness turned all the way up?
the way to fix it is to learn to mix and master. :phones: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Will check into the brightness of the leads definitely understand what you mean even tho it's all about preferences, since the lead consists of 6 sub-leads I might take the brightest ones and lower them an octave or two :)

Robmobius wrote:Welcome to the forum BTW.

You think this needs MORE saturation and processing?

Layzer is undoubtedly a troll, with ridiculous assertions, but in this case he is right :shrug:

If this mix weren't throttled to within an inch of it's life, perhaps you'd discover that that "weight" was already there. If not, it would be much easier to add from a place of space.

Shit needs to breathe!

KOBU wrote:Will check into the brightness of the leads definitely understand what you mean even tho it's all about preferences, since the lead consists of 6 sub-leads I might take the brightest ones and lower them an octave or two :)
His critique was an analogy, and used to describe the fact that there is no contrast in the presentation. It's all balls-to-the-wall, and is fatiguing (Yes, it is also too bright) long before even this small clip ends.

If everything is at full impact, then none of it is impactful.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

Shit needs to breathe!
Not if you try to make that modern dance floor stuff... Like I said, like it or loathe it, that's the trend right now. I like more dynamics myself personally (unlike a lot of that commercial 'modern' DnB).

Actually, what OP really needs to get is a proper critique from someone who produces that type of stuff. I would take everything said here with a pinch of salt until the right person comes along (or at least someone who understands the genre).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Don't listen to Lazer... He trolls everyone that doesn't fit within his tiny musical sphere...)
yeah most people here will tell you i dont know anything about mixing and mastering music :roll: yup.

layzer wrote:
Robmobius wrote: Don't listen to Lazer... He trolls everyone that doesn't fit within his tiny musical sphere...)
yeah most people here will tell you i dont know anything about mixing and mastering music :roll: yup.
Yeah... your 'dance music' is just blowing audiences away all over the world... Wow! "Laaayzerrr" what a sucessful rawwk star.

He just pretends to be a lonely figure begging people to listen to his music here on KVR. :lol:

layzer wrote: yeah most people here will tell you i dont know anything about mixing and mastering music :roll: yup.
And yet so humble too... What a guy!

His mates tell him he's grrrrreat. :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”