KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
baaz
KVRist
92 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Punjab

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 am

What about a multi band x64 resurrection of Ferric TDS from TDR/VOS :D

Dimzo
KVRer
10 posts since 3 Sep, 2004

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:15 am

i'd love to see something like a correlation limiter.
a correlation meter goes from +1 (mono) to 0(stereo) to -1 (phase cancellations)
imagine a stereo widening effect where you could set a threshold for the maximum amount of stereo width, somewhere between 0 and +1. the plugin would analyze the incoming signal and widen it like any other stereo widener (with a second knob) but if you're reaching the set threshold it just wouldn't widen the signal anymore. it should also have mono knob where you can set a frequency so that anything below it will be mono (from 0 to something like 500 or 1000Hz should be enough)
normaly stereo sounds vary in their width and with such a plugin you could push it more into widening and in the most extreme case the sound would be steadily at 0 (super stereo but still mono compatible)
of course this could be expanded with additional fx like chorus, flanger, phaser, delay, reverb etc. with set and forget mono compatibility.
i don't know how that would sound in the end or if it's possible at all it's just an idea i had..

Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1090 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 am

My vote would directly go to a person who'd release a plugin manager.
Distorted Horizon wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:I have only something between 100 and 200 vst's.

I'd still love to have an app that would list all my stuff, and notify when some of those has an update available (or more preferably would update that too with a single click).
bbu

Yes, if only
- there was just one app - now most of us have 3-7 different apps,
and even then those apps won´t cover all of our plugins
- those app(s) worked as they should
- the plugin managers wouldn´t charge you CPU, and act as an additional risk to slow you computer
Something that wouldn't run all the time, only when one opens it, it'd show vst's as a list like native access, wouldn't host anything but when giving a notice of an available update, clicking an update able vst icon would start a download and then autorun the installer.. So basically it'd collect download links.

Shouldn't be a too big task for someone who can. Only issues that come in to my mind atm, is that how to get devs jump on board (to provide working dl links and keep them up to date), how to fund the app itself, how it'd download stuff that require serial (like kv331).. And couple of other things I forgot now :D

User avatar
mutantdog
KVRAF
1643 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from The Infinite Void

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:18 am

A modular environment designed specifically for AirWindows plugins.

User avatar
skipscada
KVRian
1418 posts since 22 Oct, 2004 from Schmocation

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:31 am

Name: Sample Combiner.

Description: A simple way to combine layers of samples to a new sample. Smooth results with minimum effort.

Function: Drag and drop 3 (or more) existing samples to slots. Each slot/sample has 4 sliders for Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release (or a simple version with 2 sliders: Transient/Decay) that determine how much of the old sample will contribute to the corresponding part of the new combined sample.

Extended functionality: Maybe add possibilities for manipulating pitch/length, a filter or tilt EQ, distortion.

ras.s
KVRian
1215 posts since 2 Dec, 2008 from Finland

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 am

I'd like to see a dead simple MIDI drum sequencer, similar to Reason's Redrum or Korg's Electribe drumboxes.

An X amount of drum parts, Y amount of patterns per patch, the patterns should be of user definable length and there should be just a handful of velocities to choose from (instead of having to adjust each step's velocity individually). Dragging and dropping the pattern to the host's timeline would be a killer feature. Optional "roll" or "flam" per step would be great to have as well.

There just aren't too many such simple to use but ever so useful drum sequencers around the plugin multiverse.


Even if no one picks this one up, nice to see what developers come up with this time around!

Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1090 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:19 am

skipscada wrote:Name: Sample Combiner.

Description: A simple way to combine layers of samples to a new sample. Smooth results with minimum effort.

Function: Drag and drop 3 (or more) existing samples to slots. Each slot/sample has 4 sliders for Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release (or a simple version with 2 sliders: Transient/Decay) that determine how much of the old sample will contribute to the corresponding part of the new combined sample.

Extended functionality: Maybe add possibilities for manipulating pitch/length, a filter or tilt EQ, distortion.
There are already such vst's, you just don't wanna pay for them :lol:

Distorted Horizon
KVRian
1090 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:19 am

ras.s wrote:I'd like to see a dead simple MIDI drum sequencer, similar to Reason's Redrum or Korg's Electribe drumboxes.

An X amount of drum parts, Y amount of patterns per patch, the patterns should be of user definable length and there should be just a handful of velocities to choose from (instead of having to adjust each step's velocity individually). Dragging and dropping the pattern to the host's timeline would be a killer feature. Optional "roll" or "flam" per step would be great to have as well.

There just aren't too many such simple to use but ever so useful drum sequencers around the plugin multiverse.


Even if no one picks this one up, nice to see what developers come up with this time around!
https://www.audiorealism.se/audiorealis ... chine.html

User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
2500 posts since 18 Mar, 2011 from Spain

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:56 am

I would like to have something like Kerovee in 64bits, pitch corrector by Midi, pitch tuner plus formant tuner.
Kerovee doesn't work for me anymore in 32bits. :(

And i usually say, i want a glitch repeater/reverse thing, like Dblue Glitch or Effectrix.

I hope we can see great stuff.
Have a nice day everyone :)

cnopcadav
KVRer
3 posts since 12 May, 2016

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm

I wanna see drumsynth like Slam plugin but with multiple outputs.

enroe
KVRian
791 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 am

IrionDaRonin wrote:I would like to have something like Kerovee in 64bits, pitch corrector by Midi, pitch tuner plus formant tuner.
Kerovee doesn't work for me anymore in 32bits.
Yes, that would also be nice!
Kerovee in 64bit - or just another new pitch-shifter.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Megawattt
KVRist
114 posts since 31 Dec, 2005

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:31 am

I would like to see a dedicated real time voice to midi converter that you can use in your DAW , with the record button activated you hum or la la la the melody through a microphone and it records it as midi notes, i would even settle for a standalone program, i think there are products out there that does something similiar (Melodyne,Digital Ear,Imitone) but this technology is still very much in it's infancy, if a developer nailed this ,he\she would win the KVR Developer Challenge , hands down! :)
Strictly drum and bass

dickiefunk
KVRAF
2492 posts since 22 Mar, 2006 from cornwall

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:29 am

heavymetalmixer wrote:My wish would be to see the Variety of Sound plugins ported to Windows 64 bits VSTs and MAC AUs . . . but I know that's not gonna happen T___T

Instead I would want something like the SlickHDR, I've never seen something even similar to it. A better version of TDR Proximity would be awesome too.
Yes another vote for 64 bit versions of Variety Of Sound's plugins!

Also anything from TDR would be fantastic!

surreal
KVRian
946 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:16 am

melodyz wrote:I would like to see 64 bit prodigious synth
I would also like to see some polyphonic vst semi modular synth going on - did someone say a 60 point patch bay..hmm? and a built in sequencer hmmm?
Also a new poly VA synth
a new external midi plugin (midi out)
+1000 :clap:

surreal
KVRian
946 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Re: KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:21 am

Then also a sound mangling vocoder type thing where I can sing and play a choir sound and I sound like a choir!! Or I sing and it sounds like woman singing.. or real bass voice sound like in the cinematic movie sounds

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2018”