KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. app for finding sublucate audio files (based on oscilloscope and freq. analyzation, may be with ability to taking with a account minor difference (deformation/ warp/distort/etc) from a compared files.
2. completely customizable and flexible piano roll (with changeable keyboard shortcuts and mouse events behavior) as a midi plugin.

Oddballs are for kids and those things get boring and useless sooner or later, however a good effect, good compressor, good EQ, good reverb, etc. can serve you for years.
Everyone remembers and used Variety of Sound plugins, Youlean loudness meter, TDR Nova, Acon Digital Multiply and all that stuff.
Even when you look at something which has been done in hundreds of different ways and it's a "simple" tool and the market seems oversaturated, there are always ways to bring something new on the table and make amazing plugin.

That's why I'm just hoping that some people with amazing programming skills will show up and make at least 2-3 plugins from which everyone will benefit, them getting the prizes and community getting top notch plugins.
That's my "wish list".

Just what everybody is wanting:

windows vst .dll working on macOS. Build a traducer, a mini VirtualBox, a Bridge, a magic thing...

Oh just ask all the groups of musicians what many, many ideas they have. Or just sit around bored and boring and find the same old situations.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

brainzistor wrote:Oddballs are for kids and those things get boring and useless sooner or later, however a good effect, good compressor, good EQ, good reverb, etc. can serve you for years.
They both have their place and can be equally valuable, it just depends on the musician and his/her music.

MAYBE something equal to Valhalla or Big Sky
Or some Eventide like stuff
=)

And perhaps something special this year we don't have billions of copies of already

A new type of copy protection that works for everyone.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

There still isn't a solid bass exciter, whether it's something like BBE sonic maximizer or Waves Maxxbass.

But what I really want is a delay plug-in that hosts VSTs within the feedback loop so that I can put any effect I want within the loop.

I also would super super love a synth with the feedback oscillator that was on my JP-8000.

EDIT: or a genuinely warm, analog-sounding phaser. The kind where you don't even need many voices to get a real creamy effect.
stanlea wrote:Anything spectral
Seconded. A modern DtBlkFx would be so rad. It's 13 years-old and still unrivaled in freeware.
Last edited by The Chase on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Chase wrote:But what I really want is a delay plug-in that hosts VSTs within the feedback loop so that I can put any effect I want within the loop.
I know it's not free, but isn't that what Blue Cat's Late Replies is?

The Chase wrote:A modern DtBlkFx would be so rad. It's 13 years-old and still unrivaled in freeware.
This!

Aloysius wrote:A new type of copy protection that works for everyone.
Yes - I think of a bunch of 5 different dongles with different colours. And
every day you have to solve a brainteaser. If you solved the brainteaser
the new colour-configuration you have to put your dongles into your
usb-ports will be disclosed - and you can work - the plugin will do its job.
But only for this day. Tommorrow there'll be a new brainteaser ... :hihi:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Polyphonic microtuning modules for Softube, VCV, Reaktor.
The would load scala output files.
Especially that would utilize extended tunings and temperaments (more or less than 12 notes per octave, as well as redefine the octave).
Yes, there already are some for reaktor; one can never have too many.
Boo-Frickety-Hoo.
-Dr. Evil

I want a hybrid synthesizer. This is a mixture of physical modeling technologies and FM (WT) synthesis.
:phones:

Pytchblend wrote:
The Chase wrote:A modern DtBlkFx would be so rad. It's 13 years-old and still unrivaled in freeware.
This!

Unfiltered audio spec ops seems pretty close to this... There's something to be said for staring at a tiny gui making random changes in DtBlkFx in 2018 though...always interesting results.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”