KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That reminds me - a plug-in wrapper that doubles the GUI size would be a nice utility for those who love older plugs.

I would like to see a universal tool for synthesizing sounds. Such a tool is an extensive analyzer. All in one. Sogogram, Oscilloscope, Frequency Analyzer, signal phase control.Tuner and freeze/scrn.
:phones:

I would love an xox-style drum sequencer with user determinable MIDI notes!
I wanna SEQUENCE my HARDWARE DRUM MACHINE via VST STEP SEQUENCER STYLE!

MFB-522, 2 x ALESIS HR-16 DRUM MACHINE (THE BEST!), 1 x LITTLE KORG VOLCA BEATS, 1 x TR ROLAND 707 YESSSSSSSS

WHOSE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE!?! MAY THE BEST PERSON WIN!!!!

I have no requests as we are overloaded with so many plugins already but if you make a synth vst and it has an arpeggiator (or sequencer) on board, please give it midi out functionality.

Edit: ow and after reading the other requests:
That reminds me - a plug-in wrapper that doubles the GUI size would be a nice utility for those who love older plugs.

I have no requests as we are overloaded with so many plugins already but if you make a synth vst and it has an arpeggiator (or sequencer) on board, please give it midi out functionality.

Edit: ow and after reading the other requests:
[/quote]
+1
My wish is for more creative MIDI plugins. Possibly like Brian Eno's Logic Pro X Scripter here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv7epY75Wa0
+1

nr1killabee wrote: ... as we are overloaded with so many plugins already ...
Yes, there are so many plugins already. But at a closer look
you will see that there are only very few plugins that

-- are optical compressors in 64-bit
-- are multiband exciters with decent saturation
-- are dynamic automatic eqs (e.g. sidechain-inversion)

Besides that, GUI-ergonomy is a strong factor: Most
existing plugins have fantastically created knobs. But
more important are indicators about the work of a
plugin. That can be the underlying frequency chart
for an eq, or the amount of reduction for a comp which
includes a graphic view on the response curve.

So there still is a lot of space for optimizations and
ideas and thus for better plugins.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Midi effect - virtual keyboard and modwheel for visual indication of performance for those synths that don't have them. PLEASE!!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

The Chase wrote:That reminds me - a plug-in wrapper that doubles the GUI size would be a nice utility for those who love older plugs.
+1

Touch The Universe wrote:Midi effect - virtual keyboard and modwheel for visual indication of performance for those synths that don't have them. PLEASE!!
Does nothing like this exist? Seems pretty simple to do, I'm surprised nobody has done it.

As far as I can tell, no. Some daws may be able to cover some of this area, but a dedicated effect would be very much welcome, if not, needed.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:As far as I can tell, no. Some daws may be able to cover some of this area, but a dedicated effect would be very much welcome, if not, needed.
This is the closest I could find, but it doesn't seem to have pitch or mod wheel: https://4drx.com/plugins/product.php?p=VirtualKeyboard

I had a different idea for the challenge, but this is a good one too.

I would like to see something like a matrixbrute in vst format. Its that modular grid that is so nice.

Has anyone heard of the vst by novaflash called Quack? Some improved VA synth like this in 64 bit would be very good.

id really like to see a decent euclidean sequencer.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:id really like to see a decent euclidean sequencer.
:tu:

Just got one with ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC, but I would like to have it as a separate VST too for other tracks.

Something like OTT compressor with a bit more control and more optional bands.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”