KVR Developer Challenge 2018 Wish List

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A re-creation of David Vorhaus' MANIAC hardware sequencer https://youtu.be/XH3aYVbILP4

A re-creation of David Vorhaus' MANIAC hardware sequencer https://youtu.be/XH3aYVbILP4

Shimmer please!

Distorted Horizon wrote:
ras.s wrote:I'd like to see a dead simple MIDI drum sequencer, similar to Reason's Redrum or Korg's Electribe drumboxes.

An X amount of drum parts, Y amount of patterns per patch, the patterns should be of user definable length and there should be just a handful of velocities to choose from (instead of having to adjust each step's velocity individually). Dragging and dropping the pattern to the host's timeline would be a killer feature. Optional "roll" or "flam" per step would be great to have as well.

There just aren't too many such simple to use but ever so useful drum sequencers around the plugin multiverse.

Even if no one picks this one up, nice to see what developers come up with this time around!
https://www.audiorealism.se/audiorealis ... chine.html
https://www.musicradar.com/computermusi ... 178-542022
In the future there will be robots!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I'd love an effect that explodes a sound in slow motion, flinging grains all round the stereo field in much the same way an explosion would work. I've wanted many times to explode a beat outwards then reverse the effect so that the explosion happens in reverse and the grains are sucked back into themselves, much like seeing an explosion happen in reverse.

It could be called exploder, explod3r, bombtrack, da bomb, or something.

I think its a great idea, but I doubt it can be done.

If anyone decides to make it, please mention Carbinax ( me ) as the catalyst for the idea =)

How about a good free spring reverb emulation ?
Not just an IR wrapped in a VST shell, but honest to goodness emulation.

- Jay

What is very rare:

EQ with a deresonator.

It is a normal EQ which searches for the three narrowest peaks
with the highest level, and then uses steep filters to even them out.

This could be used for removing room resonances.
It could also be used to remove special artifact-resonances
after using pitch-shifters or other intense effects.

Since there are very few (if any) Deresonator-EQs this
would be a very innovative and exciting plugin.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote:What is very rare:

EQ with a deresonator.

It is a normal EQ which searches for the three narrowest peaks
with the highest level, and then uses steep filters to even them out.

This could be used for removing room resonances.
It could also be used to remove special artifact-resonances
after using pitch-shifters or other intense effects.

Since there are very few (if any) Deresonator-EQs this
would be a very innovative and exciting plugin.
For free plugins it's true that we don't have any, but if you get the paid version of TDR NOVA (AKA NOVA GE) you have a deresonate option.

Tbh I wanna see this become true too, searching for resonances takes a lot of time and gets my ears really tired. Now, it should be tested a lot, we don't want something that EQs a lot but not what it's supposed to.

What I’d love is a full featured 64 bit audio looper in the style of the old Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro or Electrix Repeater. Yeah, I know about Möbius, but I can’t get it to work correctly in Bitwig, and let’s face it. That interface is a train wreck. I’d happily supply any graphics work needed to a developer that could make this happen.

I’d also like to see a PolyEvolver emulation, though with 8 voices and the ability to run higher resolution waveforms. I get that those waveforms are probably copyright protected, so you could just include ones that are similar and provide user wave import.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

it turned to be very weak this year's challenge... disappointed but good luck to the winner.. all the good coders got a real job..

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”