U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

at my recent birthday gathering, i was videoed while chatting a bit with my granddaughter.
after hearing my own voice, my videos if they ever happen, will be music only :o
i sound like george formby! :o
turned out nice again!

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:45 pm at my recent birthday gathering, i was videoed while chatting a bit with my granddaughter.
after hearing my own voice, my videos if they ever happen, will be music only :o
i sound like george formby! :o
turned out nice again!
Yeah, that's always going to happen. Even Jimi Hendrix hated his voice. :party:

I definitely don't mean to dump on anyone, but I discovered that long ago that when it comes to learning, if the delivery is slow, then I've already l traveled to somewhere else.

If I'm recording someone (which I haven't been doing in a long while already) it was easy to follow because I'm listening for every detail to fix (so to avoid fixing in post when possible).

pdxindy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:22 pm I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:22 pm I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
And this is why I need to move into a house first. The missus knows me too well too, so I won't even bring it up (again). I keep eyeing my bookshelves and wondering where else I can place my books.

I'm struggling right now having discovered the DIYR site and their 500 series modules. The struggle is that I couldn't handle seeing an empty spot, so I'd have to fill those up too. :scared:

I think we're 2 years away from moving out of NYC because of this pandemic (house prices are insane) especially if we stay in the area.

hehehe

That is the danger!! (and why I have avoided eurorack until now) Let's see if my powers of restraint will win out! :lol:

elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:12 pm
I'm struggling right now having discovered the DIYR site and their 500 series modules.
Is that the Colour 500-Series? Brilliant stuff!
elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:12 pm The struggle is that I couldn't handle seeing an empty spot, so I'd have to fill those up too. :scared:
The struggle is definitely 'real'... blank spots present an unbearable sense of incompleteness, which prompts an inevitable sense of 'potential', to compensate.

And THEN... the 'thing' miraculously shows-up. (especially if you maintain a 'list') 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:29 pm
I'm struggling right now having discovered the DIYR site and their 500 series modules.
elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:12 pm The struggle is that I couldn't handle seeing an empty spot, so I'd have to fill those up too. :scared:
The struggle is definitely 'real'... blank spots present an unbearable sense of incompleteness, which prompts an inevitable sense of 'potential', to compensate.

And THEN... the 'thing' miraculously shows-up. 8)
Yup, the Colour 500 series! I was blissfully ignorant until just a few days ago.
Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:29 pmBrilliant stuff!
And you're not helping! :hihi:

Looking at CVilization which arrived today!

elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:03 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:29 pm

And THEN... the 'thing' miraculously shows-up. 8)
Yup, the Colour 500 series! I was blissfully ignorant until just a few days ago.
Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:29 pmBrilliant stuff!
And you're not helping! :hihi:
Interesting, I had not seen that stuff, from what I saw, the DIY area of 500 series gear was mostly
about improving quality over commercial racks and such. It was basically more expensive to go DIY
as opposed to eurorack where the idea seems to be able to do it for less. :shrug:

Gotta have discipline. Now that I've got that off of my chest, has anyone done a reasonably priced (small) case that closes up and moves easily?

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 am
Gotta have discipline. Now that I've got that off of my chest, has anyone done a reasonably priced (small) case that closes up and moves easily?
It's always possible to do what you want, assuming you have a good idea about that. Though, much
like plugins, it's pretty easy to get in to the GAS trap (if you view it as such anyway). Definitely it's
possible to do much with a surprisingly small investment. Of course, my rig is approaching 20 grand,
so I may not be a good guy to listen to. :lol:

pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:09 am Looking at CVilization which arrived today!
Yay! Enjoy!

pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:09 am Looking at CVilization which arrived today!
i forgot to say in that thread about the x/y pad crossfade, i could do it with cvlization :tu:
(mode 4 quad pannier)

Urs wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:11 am
Yay! Enjoy!
Thanks! CVilization has an amazing amount of functionality in a small space! And the most important thing... pretty colors! :tu:

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 pm
i forgot to say in that thread about the x/y pad crossfade, i could do it with cvlization :tu:
(mode 4 quad pannier)
:tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”