U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

We have released a mini firmware update for CVilization. This fixes a rare issue where CVilization could freeze after running for a few hours, or - in turn - on start up (some people ran into this...). While it doesn't add any new features, we recommend to all owners to update to this version. Naturally, we've made a video to demonstrate the procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzksnMgUDUw

Link to the CVilization page: https://u-he.com/products/cvilization

Cheers,

- Urs

Matrix Rotation. Head Explosion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVKPT-Goi68

nice :tu:
the cv feedback bit was heavy as feck :band:

plaits...
not plates, its platts :lol:

vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 pm nice :tu:
the cv feedback bit was heavy as feck :band:

plaits...
Try to 'splain to that Aussie that "axis" is called "axis" and not "ack-sees" :lol:

vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 pm plaits...
To (some?) Americans it's "plates," I'm just so used to hearing DivKid and Mylar Melodies say it that it comes as a shock when someone on YouTube pronounces it the same way I do :lol:

foosnark wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 am
vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 pm plaits...
To (some?) Americans it's "plates," I'm just so used to hearing DivKid and Mylar Melodies say it that it comes as a shock when someone on YouTube pronounces it the same way I do :lol:
interesting!

is it the same for hair plaiting too?
and for plaid its played rather than pladd?

i find these little things quite fascinating tbh, not sure why, after all, america and australia are foreign countries :lol:
my gf was born the town over, and they have their own language that baffles me, so the other side of the planet should be no surprise!

seriously, they call a packed lunch, "jackbit" wtf? :lol:

gaz williams praised it at sonic lab yesterday

@53:19

https://youtu.be/cKbLCj6iRbI?t=3199

vurt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:01 pm interesting!

is it the same for hair plaiting too?
and for plaid its played rather than pladd?
Hair plaiting rhymes with armor plating, but "plaid" rhymes with lad, bad, mad, etc. No, it doesn't make any sense :hihi:
vurt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:01 pmi find these little things quite fascinating tbh, not sure why, after all, america and australia are foreign countries :lol:
my gf was born the town over, and they have their own language that baffles me, so the other side of the planet should be no surprise!

seriously, they call a packed lunch, "jackbit" wtf? :lol:
Where I grew up (near Sarasota, Florida) and live now (St. Louis, Missouri) everyone has pretty much the standard Midwestern TV dialect that most Americans think is "no accent." But in parts of the city people have this very distinct thing they do with the "or" sound -- so Highway 40 is "highway farty." :lol:

:lol:

Hi,

can some other owner of CVilization give me a hand here: when I record a sequence in Mucorder mode, I'd like to record both pitch and gate. While recording works great for pitch, I simply do not manage to record gates.

Setting: CV-A gets clock signal, gate to Input 1, Pitch to Input 2, quantization on 2.

As soon as I recorded this, I get the pitch data from Channel 2, but the gates seem not to be on Channel one - I get mostly silence when I use this for gates, only some irregular gates come up. I suspected that triggers from some sources may not be long enough, so I tried recording longer gates or the output of an enevelope. Still, no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Z

ZaBong69 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:15 pm Hi,

can some other owner of CVilization give me a hand here: when I record a sequence in Mucorder mode, I'd like to record both pitch and gate. While recording works great for pitch, I simply do not manage to record gates.

Setting: CV-A gets clock signal, gate to Input 1, Pitch to Input 2, quantization on 2.

As soon as I recorded this, I get the pitch data from Channel 2, but the gates seem not to be on Channel one - I get mostly silence when I use this for gates, only some irregular gates come up. I suspected that triggers from some sources may not be long enough, so I tried recording longer gates or the output of an enevelope. Still, no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Z
Sorry, I have missed this last week.

I think the problem here is that the Mucorder is by design a CV sequencer which uses Sample & Hold. Recording steps is like setting the faders or knobs of any common 16-step sequencer. Recording gates or triggers will result in steady CVs. If Gate is On, it's on for the whole step, and it will tie into the next step until you have one where Gate is Off, for the whole step. Thus it's not really suited for recording gates or trigger signals.

(this is why we made CVilization pair well with trigger sequencers and why we included the ability to listen to bus gate, plus the logical triggers from CV A And/Or CV B, so that CVilization can react to different clock/trigger patterns since it can not generate trigger patterns itself)

i suppose i should buy my second one before july.
when brexit finally happens and it adds about 70 quid :x :cry:

Damn! :o

I’ve been watching the videos and I see why you ‘need’ two. :borg:

This thing is great especially for small racks.

I may get another at some point, not really a huge priority. Having other matrix mixers somewhat diminishes any rush on that front for me.

Has anyone asked for a black plate version? :oops:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”