Happy - tarnce remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NOTE: This is very definitly much a work-in-progress.

Being totally bereft of any kind of inspiration fir the past couple of months, I have returned to an earlier track (I posted it about 2 years ago? Now removed :( ).
This is, therefore, more of a production excercise, just to be doing something.
The structure of the track is the same but all the instruments have been changed, the tempo pushed up from 128 to 138 bpm, the guitar solo has been converted to MIDI. And everything is crushed to death. Really!
Vocal samples by Lokka.

https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/ha ... re-mix-wip

If anyone out there wants to compare this with the original (madman!) I'll put it up again.

See the last post.

Enjoy the day! :tu:
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yup, sounds like tarnce to me.

I think you've got a bit too much of a middy sound and not enough overly produced shimmer in parts. Especially the paddy synth.

Sounds a lot better in this regard once you bring in the synths with the white noise sparkle. Break at 3:50 or so also seems a bit muddy without enough separation on the lows and the highs. Assuming you want to go for "that sound" of course.

Delays a bit over the top around 5:00 or so? It's a bit of a swimmy/washy smear across the stereo field.

Gnarly solo, and nice that you broke out of the mould a bit. Has character as a result!

Apart from the comments on the solo, take all of the above with a pinch of salt, because I'm projecting an expected sound on this that might not be your sound. I do think a little bit of tidying up the mix in just a few sections would be good though.

sjm wrote:Yup, sounds like tarnce to me.

I think you've got a bit too much of a middy sound and not enough overly produced shimmer in parts. Especially the paddy synth.

Sounds a lot better in this regard once you bring in the synths with the white noise sparkle. Break at 3:50 or so also seems a bit muddy without enough separation on the lows and the highs. Assuming you want to go for "that sound" of course.

Delays a bit over the top around 5:00 or so? It's a bit of a swimmy/washy smear across the stereo field.

Gnarly solo, and nice that you broke out of the mould a bit. Has character as a result!

Apart from the comments on the solo, take all of the above with a pinch of salt, because I'm projecting an expected sound on this that might not be your sound. I do think a little bit of tidying up the mix in just a few sections would be good though.
Yeah, plenty of work needed. But comments such as yours are very helpful, I'll bear them in mind.
Cheers! :tu:

sjm wrote:Yup, sounds like tarnce to me.

Ironically, I boosted the mids because, looking at my meters, I thought they were lacking! :dog: :D That's what happens when you listen with your eyes!

I happened, by chance, to listen to this track on my phone's speaker (the cable to the hifi came adift) and I realised that this piece was a load of old barnacles. So I have removed it. I may come back to it...
... some day...

Return to “Music Cafe”