DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

@moss : I noted that recently, scripts have started to work even without any midi in/out, if they declare 0 ports. I may be wrong, but that was my impression. If this is the case, could you set the midi ports to 0 in your OSC script, so that I don't need to block any virtual midi port just for the matter?

Thanks!

Vincenzo

vincenzoml wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm @moss : I noted that recently, scripts have started to work even without any midi in/out, if they declare 0 ports. I may be wrong, but that was my impression. If this is the case, could you set the midi ports to 0 in your OSC script, so that I don't need to block any virtual midi port just for the matter?

Thanks!

Vincenzo
You could always run scripts without MIDI ports. But the one is required to send midi commands to Bitwig; currently it only works that way.

moss wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm
TVbene wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:59 pm
TVbene wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:26 pm Hi Jürgen,
two questions about the Maschine Mikro script:
- in the video you said you cannot display MIDI feedback on the Pads, had you tried changing the settings of the pads in Controller Editor? At "LED On" you'd have to change to "For MIDI in", I think. Color Mode "indexed" should also allow controlling the colors.
- what do you think about being able to press "SELECT" twice so that we can select FX tracks with the pads? If changing the pad colors really works this could be a nice way to show which select mode is active.
Have you tried this to access the pad LEDs? It seems this option is quite new and has only been available in Controller Editor since version 2.8.6 of Maschine... Colours and a step sequencer would be fantastic!
No, not possible. You can only set a color via the editor but not change it otherwise.
Strange. I've asked on the NI maschine forum and a mod there says it does work with the right settings: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ck.364657/
I hope that's useful. The option is there with "LED on for MIDI in" so it would really be a bug that could be reported.

Hi guys, I need your help, I try all the night to create a simple script and I can't do what I want. I want create a keyboard script who allow to use 3 different midi in port. It's for 2 case, first, to use 3 different hardware keyboard to use organ plugin on midi channel 1,2 and 3. And the second use, to control a drum track with a trigger finger, a virtual midi cable with another sequencer and hardware keyboard. I really try lots of code line, but i'm too noobie. There was only one of source who respond with the script, not the others. I don't need CC or transport, only notes. But i would like have the choice between Omni, or channel 1 to 16. Could you light me please. And thanks to moss for your youtube tutorial, but it was not enough for my poor coding knowledge

Hi moss,

is there a known date when v8.0 will be available?

Thanks.

donstar wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:45 am Hi moss,

is there a known date when v8.0 will be available?

Thanks.
No :-)

OK, some more info: I am currently updating all devices to the new API 10, which is a huge pile of work but will provide a lot of new possibilities. Which means v8 will require Bitwig 3.1. I hope to have this finished latest till the end of the year.

TVbene wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:06 pm Strange. I've asked on the NI maschine forum and a mod there says it does work with the right settings: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ck.364657/
I hope that's useful. The option is there with "LED on for MIDI in" so it would really be a bug that could be reported.
Thanks for the info! Will look into it (when I find some time :-))

mix2dub wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:06 am Hi guys, I need your help, I try all the night to create a simple script and I can't do what I want. I want create a keyboard script who allow to use 3 different midi in port. It's for 2 case, first, to use 3 different hardware keyboard to use organ plugin on midi channel 1,2 and 3. And the second use, to control a drum track with a trigger finger, a virtual midi cable with another sequencer and hardware keyboard. I really try lots of code line, but i'm too noobie. There was only one of source who respond with the script, not the others. I don't need CC or transport, only notes. But i would like have the choice between Omni, or channel 1 to 16. Could you light me please. And thanks to moss for your youtube tutorial, but it was not enough for my poor coding knowledge
If my Youtube tutorials cannot get you going, I am afraid you need to get some basic development skills first. BUT what you want to do can even be done with the basi generic script provided by
Bitwig. There is no need to put that in one script. You can assigne one Generic script to each of your controllers.

Thanks for your reply Jürgen, I will create a new post for that :help:

Was there ever a script for the Arturia Keylab 25?

gerryp650 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:58 am Was there ever a script for the Arturia Keylab 25?
Support comes directly with Bitwig installation.

Thanks moss.
I'm unable to get Keylab25 to work in BW and haven't heard from support after 2 weeks so I thought I would post here.

gerryp650 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:04 pm Thanks moss.
I'm unable to get Keylab25 to work in BW and haven't heard from support after 2 weeks so I thought I would post here.
Try again, sometimes it takes more than once to get a reply.

To those using launchpad (pro) for drum sequencing in bitwig: I was never able to use this properly, that is, just turn on and sequence, like a real drum machine. One problem I have, that I need to first create an empty clip, and then I can edit its patterns. After that it's not so complex, even though sometimes I mess the clip up and need to go to the monitor and fix things (e.g. the loop becomes 1 beat instead of 1 bar, I'm unsure myself, as I've stopped trying recently).

How do you do your drum sequencing without using the monitor, and setting the clip length you want? I know I can start by recording an empty clip in the session view. That is, press it once, and press it immediately after. Then you get a 1-bar pattern. Is that the way?

vincenzoml wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:48 pm To those using launchpad (pro) for drum sequencing in bitwig: I was never able to use this properly, that is, just turn on and sequence, like a real drum machine. One problem I have, that I need to first create an empty clip, and then I can edit its patterns. After that it's not so complex, even though sometimes I mess the clip up and need to go to the monitor and fix things (e.g. the loop becomes 1 beat instead of 1 bar, I'm unsure myself, as I've stopped trying recently).

How do you do your drum sequencing without using the monitor, and setting the clip length you want? I know I can start by recording an empty clip in the session view. That is, press it once, and press it immediately after. Then you get a 1-bar pattern. Is that the way?
I create a new clip using Shift+Double, then I turn of overdub using Shift+Rec, then I press Note to go to the sequencer. You can set up the length of the clip using the 16 bottom right pads, just press and hold the first pad of your sequence (the first bar) and then press the last pad to set the length (the last bar). It may vary depending on the grind resolution I think.

I agree that it is both not very practical and error prone, but it can be done.

Return to “Controller Scripting”