DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

turbo_kev wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:33 pm Hi Mr Moss
I have noticed that there is a firm wear update for the icon m+
should I update it ?
or wait until you say its ok

cheers
kev
Not sure, which version you mean. Last updates I see are from 2018 but should be fine.

vincenzoml wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:24 am Hi, a very simple question to all: when another clip has been selected in bitwig, how can I return to the clip I was sequencing? A clip in another track stays selected forever unless I use the mouse to click on it; I want to do that from the launchpad (pro).
Make sure that you have "Selct clip/scene on launch" set to "On" in the settings.
vincenzoml wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:24 am I have more questions (I really want to learn to use this sequencer thing!): how do I delete notes? Is there an easy way to delete all the clip notes without deleting the clip?
Simply press the pad with the note again to delete it. No, there is no way to delete all notes.

moss wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:56 am
turbo_kev wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:33 pm Hi Mr Moss
I have noticed that there is a firm wear update for the icon m+
should I update it ?
or wait until you say its ok

cheers
kev
Not sure, which version you mean. Last updates I see are from 2018 but should be fine.
At the moment im on V.205
but there is a v2.09 beta
cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

daw.one wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:51 pm
moss wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm Thank you for all your hard work! This is Awesome. Does this mean it's also possible to alter the Note Start position in the Drum Sequencer?
Sadly, no.
stamp wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:23 pm Not at the moment. This is still missing from the api, I guess.
Everyone who's interested in this could file a feature request to support, so maybe it will be implemented earlier.
Okay thanks. I've send a feature request to the Bitwig team.

Hi Moss. The UNDO button on NI KK M32 is not working. v.8.60.

Dear all
Sorry for the noob post. I just bought an Novation SL MK3 and was wondering how I go about installing the extension for Bitwig on a mac please?

Read the docs... (sorry)

Enrize wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:33 pm Hi Moss. The UNDO button on NI KK M32 is not working. v.8.60.
Will be fixed in the next update (as well as Quantize and Metro buttons).

moss wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:43 am
hexfarmer wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:02 pm I have done this.
midi control center says version 7.60 is loaded.
everything I described above is with 7.60 loaded into beatstep and using bitwig 3.02
Is the global MIDI channel set to 3? Sorry, besides that I have no further idea.
Do you mean in midi control center?
If yes, then I have (after you mentioned it) selected ch 3 as the global ch and saved that profile.
then I closed midi control center and opened bitwig and confirmed that drivenbymoss 7.60 is still selected in the controllers section however it still behaves the same. (bottom right knob always controls crossfade, big knob moves position cursor, but I am unable to change the 'mode'.

however since changing the global ch to 3, the pads do not work.

I should also note that everytime I press the shift button; this assigns random colors (blue, red and pink) to some of the pads and pressing the CNTRL clears those colors.
In bitwig; my instrument channels are set:
to: 1

This is driving me nuts, I feel like Im so close but cant figure this out.
The main things that I want is the Play mode with pad control (ability to change octaves)
If anyone sees what I am missing or doing wrong please let me know thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Push 1 owner,
i i will get in a couple of days a PUSH controller.
can i use the PUSH 1 with the latest moss script on Bitwig 3.0.3 or i must update to Bitwig 3.1.x?

Thanks a lot

esq1 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:49 am Hello Push 1 owner,
i i will get in a couple of days a PUSH controller.
can i use the PUSH 1 with the latest moss script on Bitwig 3.0.3 or i must update to Bitwig 3.1.x?

Thanks a lot
The latest release requires Bitwig 3.1 but you can use 7.60 (see my download page) with 3.0.3.

Hello Jürgen,
thanks a lot for your answer. I take a look !!!

Hallo Jürgen,
vielen Dank ! Toll das Du die Scripte schreibst ! Vielen Dank für deine Arbeit und Zeit die du investierst. ich freue mich schon auf den Push und bin ganz gespannt wie jetzt die Bitwig 3 sich damit anfühlt.

One question for Flexi, I'm still working on a combination of your Mikro & Flexi scripts with my big Maschine. With Flexi, many of the buttons where I activated LED feedback don't get updatet correctly when I change a status with the controller. For example track arm or toggle automation writing. If I change a status by clicking with the mouse the LED immediatly gets changed, though. So are you sure that the script sends out MIDI feedback in this case? Could of course also be a problem of Maschine, but I didn't find out how to monitor the ouput of the script. I set all the buttons to "gate" in Controller Editor. You can see it here where I toggle automation writing and overdub, the button LEDs and the display don't really show the correct status: https://youtu.be/D2k-qZaz9-w?t=61 (1 Minute into the video).

hexfarmer wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:48 am This is driving me nuts, I feel like Im so close but cant figure this out.
The main things that I want is the Play mode with pad control (ability to change octaves)
If anyone sees what I am missing or doing wrong please let me know thanks!
Your settings look all good, the only difference to mine is that I have set CV/Gate channel to 2 but that should not make a difference.
Maybe one last idea: can you try to remove all channels? Maybe you have a MIDI feedback somewhere?!

TVbene wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:12 pm One question for Flexi, I'm still working on a combination of your Mikro & Flexi scripts with my big Maschine. With Flexi, many of the buttons where I activated LED feedback don't get updatet correctly when I change a status with the controller. For example track arm or toggle automation writing. If I change a status by clicking with the mouse the LED immediatly gets changed, though. So are you sure that the script sends out MIDI feedback in this case? Could of course also be a problem of Maschine, but I didn't find out how to monitor the ouput of the script. I set all the buttons to "gate" in Controller Editor. You can see it here where I toggle automation writing and overdub, the button LEDs and the display don't really show the correct status:
The LED feedback sends the exact same values as received. So it highly depends on how the buttons react to that. E.g. sometimes it interferes with the color state change that is done on the device itself.
Still trying to get my hands on this stupid device...

Return to “Controller Scripting”