DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

@Moss :)

just done that but still no option in controller list for Push, if i select general midi keyboard its in the list but does nothing , my push has just got logo on it ?

SOLA wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:03 pm I am using Kontrol S61 MK1 byMoss. Your extension ist great but for me the encoder sensitivity is too high. even with holding shift it is still fast. Is there a way to change the sensitivity?
There is currently no option on the MkI to change that.
SOLA wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:03 pm I have set one colour for each octave with the NI controller editor for my S61 but they leave when using your extension. Do you have an idea how to keep them?
Sorry, also not possible since I use it to show the scale in the current track color.

markchantler wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:42 pm just done that but still no option in controller list for Push, if i select general midi keyboard its in the list but does nothing , my push has just got logo on it ?
Could you please post a picture of your folder and path as well as the add menu in Bitwig? Or even better do a short video?

Untitled.jpg
BITWIG.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

markchantler wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:41 pm
Which version of Bitwig are you using ?
Version of Moss script differs depending the version .

3.1 DrivenByMoss 8.70
Older versions - no longer supported

2.4 DrivenByMoss 7.60
2.3 DrivenByMoss 2.00
1.3.16 DrivenByMoss 1.00

3.0 DOWNLOADING 3.1 NOW THANKS SO MUCH

Thanks Moss for the quick reply. Would be cool to have those features. (Wie dem auch sei. Coole Extensions. Thumbs up)

@Moss Working perfectly now thanks for all your help and a fantastic scirpt

markchantler wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:08 pm @Moss Working perfectly now thanks for all your help and a fantastic scirpt
Great!

Hi Moss or anyone else that might have a solution.

When browsing for a plug in using Push2, Bitwig attempts to load every plug in while you turn the dial on Push2..
Is there a setting I'm missing here?

OS X Mojave, latest version of Bitwig 3.

Every time I use the Scaler plugin I think about how cool it would be to have a chord mode on the Push. So if you had the C Major scale selected the first row would play Cmaj and some of its variations (Cmaj7 etc), second row would play Dmin, third Emin and so on.

The top row could maybe be used for letting the user assign different chords of the scale to each pad for some quick and easy playing (but now I'm just getting greedy lol).

Not sure how possible it is but I'm salivating at the thought. :phones:
machinesworking wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 am Hi Moss or anyone else that might have a solution.

When browsing for a plug in using Push2, Bitwig attempts to load every plug in while you turn the dial on Push2..
Is there a setting I'm missing here?

OS X Mojave, latest version of Bitwig 3.
I think that's just the behavior of the plugin browser, but can't say for sure.

EDIT: This problem is solved. It was a hardware problem. With a new Push 2 there are no false triggers.

My Push 2 unfortunately did strange things during my live set: stopping a clip repeatedly when it was in the first or second column in Session/Clips view on the Push 2 pads.

I think due to the vibrations on the pult some keys with a stop button on the pad were falsely triggered. If I shake my Push 2 here at home it does the same. The left culomn seems to be most sensitive.

Which settings for the drivenbymoss should I choose regarding PADS Sensitivity, Gain, Dynamics? I did not find info about it in the manual. Is that the right thing to dig in? Or is my Push defective, some hardware fault?

pads.png

Edit: I tested around: the note playing mode seems to have a different sensitivity than the clip playing mode, is that right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DeusMortis on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10 64bit, Bitwig (newest), Studio One (newest), Push 2 and more

https://soundcloud.com/maurice-camplair

DeusMortis wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:43 pm My Push 2 unfortunately did strange things during my live set: stopping a clip repeatedly when it was in the first or second column in Session/Clips view on the Push 2 pads.

I think due to the vibrations on the pult some keys with a stop button on the pad were falsely triggered. If I shake my Push 2 here at home it does the same. The left culomn seems to be most sensitive.

Which settings for the drivenbymoss should I choose regarding PADS Sensitivity, Gain, Dynamics? I did not find info about it in the manual. Is that the right thing to dig in? Or is my Push defective, some hardware fault?

pads.png

Edit: I tested around: the note playing mode seems to have a different sensitivity than the clip playing mode, is that right?
The sensitivity settings have only effect on the play and drum modes. Your issue sounds more like a hardware problem. My friend's Push 2 starts recording on his own sometimes while playing the pads.
Does this happen when you use your Push with Live, too?

EDIT: This problem is solved. It was a hardware problem. With a new Push 2 there are no false triggers.

I almost only use it with Bitwig but will make some tests with Live.

Can I somehow read out in Bitwig, which buttons on the Push 2 are pushed? Right now the Console only shows me a lot of "Unhandled midi status: 254".
Reading button pushs out properly would be a good verification for me, I guess.

EDIT: Please see the video below - I found a workaround: just having empty looping clips everywhere, than I see, which one is triggered due to vibration.

Or can someone verify this? Or rather tell me that this does not happen with your Push 2?
  1. Put one clip in the first column - the other clips being stop button slots.
  2. Play that clip, looping.
  3. Simulate the vibration in a live situation: lift the Push 2 a bit (1 cm should do) let it fall.
Doing this most of the time stops the looping clip for me - not immediately, but after reaching the end of the current bar (as if you pushed a stop button).

Here is a short video demonstrating the problem (hosted on file hoster Mega.nz, just to let you know).
Last edited by DeusMortis on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10 64bit, Bitwig (newest), Studio One (newest), Push 2 and more

https://soundcloud.com/maurice-camplair

Return to “Controller Scripting”