DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Last check: firmware version push 2. Mine is 1.0.69. Moss/Yokai ?

AuralBee wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:07 pm Last check: firmware version push 2. Mine is 1.0.69. Moss/Yokai ?
This has nothing to do with your device or Bitwig (until you have not 3.1.3). Maybe you can do a little video where you show your settings, version numbers and what you are doing.

Version 8.94 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: The MIDI channel for the keyboard (or pads if it is a pad controller) can be explicitly set (previously it was fixed to channel 1). It can also be turned off or set to all. If a MIDI note is mapped to a function on this MIDI channel, the note is blocked from being played. Note: If you have selected All for the channel the note is blocked on all channels!
    • New: Modulation Wheel (CC 01), Sustain Pedal (CC 64) and Pitchbend were previously automatically routed to Bitwig. You can now turn them off individually if you want to map them to something else.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Option to remove the master and group-master tracks from the track bank (requires restart of extension).
    • New: Pro: Disabled Delete button if used without button combination to prevent accidential deletions.
  • OSC
    • Fixed: Changing output server/port did still not work.
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 pm

[*]OSC

[*]Fixed: Changing output server/port did still not work.

Enjoy!
Yeah Thanks!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

moss wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:08 am
bronko83 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:20 pm so the user mappings are completely empty. I tried to find it in the extension code but its hard to follow the references just reading on github. The modwheel seem to trigger the ToggleTrackBanksCommand in Track and Volume Mode. In Parameter Mode it is toggeling the window of a device when selected. But I cannot find where the wiring goes wrong.

Edit: Ok I guess its the BUTTON_MAIN_ENCODER funtionality that the modwheel is asigned to. I assume in the buttonChange method you get the modwheel cc value = 1 which equals to that encoder button value in the button map and executes the actions?
Sorry, you totally lost me. Could you please describe step by step what you are doing and what is going wrong? Thanks.
No Problem.

System:
Native Instruments S61 mk1
Bitwig 3.1.3
DrivenByMoss 8.94

1. Start Bitwig, Keyboard is correctly setup with the extension in Controller Settings
2. Create new Project, Keyboard shows "Please select a device"
3. Touch or move ModWheel-Strip
4. Everytime the modwheel sends a command Bitwig is performing the same action that the big main button would do on pressing it down. (Depending on the current selected mode of the keyboard, open/close device window or jump between effect tracks and instrument track)

So I think I narrowed it down to the Kontrol1ControlSurface.
Here you assign the BUTTON_MAIN_ENCODER to the Value 1

Code: Select all

/** Clicking the main encoder. */
    public static final int                     BUTTON_MAIN_ENCODER   = 1;
And in the buttonChange handler you get the currently pressed button out of the BUTTON_MAP

Code: Select all

public void buttonChange (final int usbControlNumber, final boolean isPressed)
    {
        final ButtonID buttonID = BUTTON_MAP.get (Integer.valueOf (usbControlNumber));
My guess is now (might be wrong): The modwheel has the CC Value of 1 and that value is passed to the "BUTTON_MAP.get()" which then returns the button with the value of 1, which is the main encoder button and executes the command of that button in addition of the modwheel value. Because the modwheel data value (position of the modwheel) is also send to any device.

Hope that makes it clearer

AuralBee wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:56 pm Thanks again. For me, 8.90 user mode: nada.
After downloading a fresh installer, I just did a repair of my Bitwig 3.1.3 install, but after that: no change. Thanks for now, I give up :(
Just stabbing around in the dark: What other controllers do you have hooked up to Bitwig? I wonder if something might be "stealing focus" from the remap function in Bitwig, in some way that's preventing the Push knob turns from being "seen" by Bitwig?

I have only two other controllers in my system: one is a MidiFighter Twister (from DJ TechTools), running one of the extension scripts posted here in this forum. The other is a Touche expression controller (by Expressive E) that's being driven by the "Generic MIDI Keyboard" controller that comes with Bitwig.

Thnx Yokai. As I arrived at that thought too I deleted all other controllers from Bitwig, including the one for Push 2. Re-added the Push 2 as only controller, but: no difference (also tried with the new 8.94 extension) Except user mode, all other functionality works perfectly.

@Moss: sent you a PM. I will stop clogging this thread now for this particular problem, which seems to be me-related.

bronko83 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:02 am System:
Native Instruments S61 mk1
Aha, you were talking about the Mk1! Will be fixed in the next update!

@Yokai: already PM'd Moss, I found the solution, my prefs file (...\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\prefs) was apparently corrupt!
As soon as I deleted it, Moss' latest extension / user mode works as expected.. I should have thought of that earlier, as I experienced something similar in the past with a certain DAW of a company with a name that starts with an A....
Phew, glad this is sorted now, thanks again for your interest ;-)

Hi Moss,
I was wondering if the SL MK3 controller extension has a feature for stopping a single clip or a particular scene?
I looked at the Wiki and couldn't find those features, but perhaps they are there. Thank you for the awesome controller extensions!

Dan

dannynyc wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:18 am Hi Moss,
I was wondering if the SL MK3 controller extension has a feature for stopping a single clip or a particular scene?
I looked at the Wiki and couldn't find those features, but perhaps they are there. Thank you for the awesome controller extensions!

Dan
Sorry, no.

Any news on Akai Force support? :phones:

iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:36 am Any news on Akai Force support? :phones:
No, don't think that this will happen.

Here is the video documentation for 8.94:
https://youtu.be/vwM0qyVeDWE

Return to “Controller Scripting”