DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

on Novation 49SL MK3
Is there a way to scroll through presets on the current device?
Just something like "previous/next" thing .
I know there is a way to look for one when adding new device.

melodyz wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:23 am Also maybe in perform mode and the drum sequencer mode we can get a toggle fill button by pressing alt or something? I know we can map it to user 2 but that uses a knob. Probably running out of controls at this point.
You mean inverting the set steps? Interesting idea. No just applying the Fill option in Bitwig
melodyz wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:23 am Im almost wondering if we could extend the amount of assigned knobs to 16 or something by making the alt key a toggle between knob controls rather than having to press it down to change just 4 knobs. Imagine what we could do if we had 16 user1 controls and 16 user 2 controls?
You can already do this:
USER1: * **Shift+Alt+Select Knob**: Select the previous/next parameter page.
USER2: * **Alt+Select Knob**: Select the previous/next user parameter page (1-8).
[/quote]

Cool thanks

orenmi wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:37 pm on Novation 49SL MK3
Is there a way to scroll through presets on the current device?
Just something like "previous/next" thing .
I know there is a way to look for one when adding new device.
In the device mode press Shift and choose Replace.

Hi moss thanks for this wonderful extension. I've been using it with a LaunchPad Pro mk3 and compiled a list for your consideration.

1. The metronome can be toggled with shift + Click, but there is no indication on the button whether it is enabled or not.

2. Tracks and devices can be pinned in the Studio I/O panel, but it cannot be done from hardware. Other controllers have a pin function.

3. In note view, there is no way to start recording a clip with unfixed length. It requires going in to session view, selecting and triggering a clip to record, then dashing back to note view before recording begins.

4. In chord mode, some of the pentatonic scales have extra notes.

5. I almost never want to use the LaunchPad to control the preset browser, but it cannot be disabled.

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:57 pm 1. The metronome can be toggled with shift + Click, but there is no indication on the button whether it is enabled or not.
Will be added in the next update!
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:57 pm 2. Tracks and devices can be pinned in the Studio I/O panel, but it cannot be done from hardware. Other controllers have a pin function.
Will take note but the buttons are already pretty crowded on the Launchpads.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:57 pm 3. In note view, there is no way to start recording a clip with unfixed length. It requires going in to session view, selecting and triggering a clip to record, then dashing back to note view before recording begins.
Will consider to make the record button configurable.

Hi Moss! hope you are doing fine!
I just downloaded the Scripts for the Launchpad Pro. My question is, how do I get the tempo to work like you do your youtube tutorials? When I first started using it, I was doing it without any problems and it seems that the more,I learn the harder it gets to control the tempo with the Launchpad. I understand I have to press "shift" and then "Tempo" and the tempo window will show. But when I try to go up or down with the arrows bellow the "shift" button and I still do not get any tempo movement. Now I am doing it with the cursor directly in Bitwig.

Hopefully you can help me out ! by the way, Thanks for your work !

I have an issue where for some reason my Nord Lead 4 patch section includes both my Nord Lead 4 patch selection and my Virus patch selection.

The Virus patch selection doesn't work, and there is another section below for the actual Virus patch selection that does work.

Any idea what i might have messed up? At one point it was correct and had both in their own sections but I'm not sure what i might have done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elkiwixmandalaz wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:41 am Hi Moss! hope you are doing fine!
I just downloaded the Scripts for the Launchpad Pro. My question is, how do I get the tempo to work like you do your youtube tutorials? When I first started using it, I was doing it without any problems and it seems that the more,I learn the harder it gets to control the tempo with the Launchpad. I understand I have to press "shift" and then "Tempo" and the tempo window will show. But when I try to go up or down with the arrows bellow the "shift" button and I still do not get any tempo movement. Now I am doing it with the cursor directly in Bitwig.

Hopefully you can help me out ! by the way, Thanks for your work !
Ups, seems I broke something while fixing something. Will be fixed again in the next update!

rodanmusic wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:31 am I have an issue where for some reason my Nord Lead 4 patch section includes both my Nord Lead 4 patch selection and my Virus patch selection.

The Virus patch selection doesn't work, and there is another section below for the actual Virus patch selection that does work.

Any idea what i might have messed up? At one point it was correct and had both in their own sections but I'm not sure what i might have done.
That's sadly a long standing Bitwig bug. The issue is that it keeps old things in projects (also in templates). Try to start again with a clean Bitwig template (and store that separately if the issue pops up again.

where is the Capture midi button in novation 49 sl mk3?
I dont see it when clicking "shift"

moss wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:43 am That's sadly a long standing Bitwig bug. The issue is that it keeps old things in projects (also in templates). Try to start again with a clean Bitwig template (and store that separately if the issue pops up again.
Ok thanks for your help. I will recreate my Bitwig Template!

orenmi wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:14 pm where is the Capture midi button in novation 49 sl mk3?
I dont see it when clicking "shift"
There is no Capture MIDI button on that device. Can you elaborate a bit more?

yes thank you!
This is from the device manual. I guess its native in Ableton etc.
I know there is no direct capture midi in Bitwig, and you need to "record" the captured midi for it to appear in the arrangement. (please correct me if I'm wrong).
But is there a way to trigger it from the controller?
Screenshot_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

orenmi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:55 am yes thank you!
This is from the device manual. I guess its native in Ableton etc.
I know there is no direct capture midi in Bitwig, and you need to "record" the captured midi for it to appear in the arrangement. (please correct me if I'm wrong).
But is there a way to trigger it from the controller?
Screenshot_1.jpg
There is no Capture MIDI in Bitwig as in Ableton. For reference of how to use the device with Bitwig please refer to my DrivenByMoss manual and my tutorial videos on my Youtube channel.

I know there is not exactly capture midi. but in my previous controller: Launchkey 25, there was a capture button and once you click on it, you can then start recording in bitwig and it will fill the midi notes from what a played previously.

In the SL, from their manual, there is no physical button but there is a button when you click shift.

I don't want it to sound like a complaint, I admire everything you are doing for the community :hug:
Just something to think about and see if there is an option to address.

Return to “Controller Scripting”