DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

CereberalDonkey wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:45 pm Hello,

I don't know if this has been covered, or I cannot find it, but is there a "take over" option for midi potentiometers in the Flexi mode? I want to map some of the knobs on my controller to the device pannel and cycle between devices, but I don't want to loose the settings until the knob has caught up to where the parameter was set once I select a device. Is this possible?

Thank you.
Takerover mode can be (strangely) only be configured globally for all scripts/extensions. The parameter is at the top of the controller settings tab.

Thank you Moss,

Another question, has anyone tried the FaderFox EC4 with the Flexi Script? I also would really like to have endless encoders to immediately edit device control parameters without any catch, just select and twist with visual feedback on controller screen. Has this been tested recently? Would you ever do a script for it otherwise?

Hi Moss,

I'm encountering a problem with this script, I have setup flexi device with my linnstrument. Since 4.4 It doesn't work anymore, when I revert to 4.3.10 it works again.
Any Idea ?
My setup : drivenbymoss 19.0.0, win 10
thanks in advance

ElVincente wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:01 pm Hi Moss,

I'm encountering a problem with this script, I have setup flexi device with my linnstrument. Since 4.4 It doesn't work anymore, when I revert to 4.3.10 it works again.
Any Idea ?
My setup : drivenbymoss 19.0.0, win 10
thanks in advance
Do you have your instrument flexi script in the ControllerScripts folder of the 4.4 version?

nope, it's on Documents/Bitwig Studio/Controller Scripts

strangely it's working now on 4.4.6 but midi feedback is not working (I have pan, vol, Device parameter 1-4) set to my linnstrument sliders.

Edit : after several bitwig restart and unplugging my controller, feedback works again...

Still it doesn't work on 4.4 (no notes from linnstruments wich is recognised in the midi controller menu...), but feedback does...

I encountered the issue on my studio computer too..
That's strange.

ElVincente wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:23 pm nope, it's on Documents/Bitwig Studio/Controller Scripts

strangely it's working now on 4.4.6 but midi feedback is not working (I have pan, vol, Device parameter 1-4) set to my linnstrument sliders.

Edit : after several bitwig restart and unplugging my controller, feedback works again...

Still it doesn't work on 4.4 (no notes from linnstruments wich is recognised in the midi controller menu...), but feedback does...

I encountered the issue on my studio computer too..
That's strange.
Strange indeed.. I'm thinking you may need to load the script in 4.4 using the load option, then re-save a version for 4.4, if that is the version you prefer using.

Maschine Mikro Mk3: Erase + touch encoder knob cannot reset value to default
Bitwig version: 4.4.6
I have tried DrivenByMoss version 8.98, 12.3.2, 14.1.0, 16.4.1 and 19.0.0. This function only works in 8.98.

Super cool that the Electra One is supported. I was curious about it for a while.

I suppose a clip launcher is not possible on that device?

wvshpr wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:44 pm Super cool that the Electra One is supported. I was curious about it for a while.

I suppose a clip launcher is not possible on that device?
It is on my todo list.

Hi Moss,

Is it possible to have Akai Fire display when on User1 mode, to show the device name in one line & the parameter page name on the 2nd? Currently the display squeezes both in one line.

Thanks,

ils wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:07 pm Maschine Mikro Mk3: Erase + touch encoder knob cannot reset value to default
Bitwig version: 4.4.6
I have tried DrivenByMoss version 8.98, 12.3.2, 14.1.0, 16.4.1 and 19.0.0. This function only works in 8.98.
Thanks for reporting, will be fixed in the next update!

Insearch wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:55 pm Hi Moss,

Is it possible to have Akai Fire display when on User1 mode, to show the device name in one line & the parameter page name on the 2nd? Currently the display squeezes both in one line.

Thanks,
Good idea!

CereberalDonkey wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:51 pm Thank you Moss,

Another question, has anyone tried the FaderFox EC4 with the Flexi Script? I also would really like to have endless encoders to immediately edit device control parameters without any catch, just select and twist with visual feedback on controller screen. Has this been tested recently? Would you ever do a script for it otherwise?
I have just set the EC4 up like this. It seems that you have to use the knob mode (in the script) called Twos Complement. This works perfectly with no "turn to catch".
However the display on the EC4 does not really tell you the right value. I am not sure why, but my guess is that it is confused whether it should show the value it is sending out or the value coming in (which should be the same except for a bit of delay).
But no biggie, as I just look at the knobs in Bitwig. (This problem could very well be me doing something wrong. Please give a shout if you know what settings to use to also make the EC4 displays show the right value.)

Newbie here.
I have set the Flexy script up so I have 8 encoders on a Faderfox EC4 controlling volume of the first 8 tracks. While I know that I can set up a bank switch, I would like to know if there is a way I can set it up so I have 16 encoders controlling volume on the first 16 tracks?
Thanks.

LarsDaniel wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:23 pm Newbie here.
I have set the Flexy script up so I have 8 encoders on a Faderfox EC4 controlling volume of the first 8 tracks. While I know that I can set up a bank switch, I would like to know if there is a way I can set it up so I have 16 encoders controlling volume on the first 16 tracks?
Thanks.
Sorry, not with Generic Flexi since it is fixed to 8.

Return to “Controller Scripting”