DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Alban18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:26 pm
Alban18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:07 pm
moss wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:23 pm
Alban18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:03 pm Hey Moss,

Does the akai force work the same way as the push? Like I see you update the Push but does that also update the Akai Force?
Are there any differences between how you control the two?
These are totally different devices. Watch my Youtube videos to get the details. One main thing to note is that the Push is a "brainless" device, which means I can do whatever I want with it. The MPC/Force on the other hand uses a fixed protocol where you "only" fill in the necessary values and the whole user interface is created and handled by the device itself. This is why you see regular updates for Push but not for the MPC/Force (until Akai adds something).
Thanks for clarifying that difference.

Are there other brainless devices other than the Push?
Well to be honest, I really was interested to get the Akai Force so I can have a Push like controller but also use it as a standalone for the mpc experience.

How do you like it as a Bitwig controller since you have experience with it? I definitely want something I can be hands of as possible for live stuff.
I am afraid you need to test this for yourself. If you want to have the features of a Push, get a Push. The Force control works really nicely but focuses on mixing and clip launching.

Okay thanks Moss, I'll go with Push and make that my live hands off setup. At least I'll be able to learn scripting to customize it myself too.

Does anyone know whether the DrivenByMoss Ableton Push support would also allow the Ableton integration on other devices (I'm specifically thinking about the Roland Fantom-08 for example) to work with Bitwig?

sburton84 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:31 pm Does anyone know whether the DrivenByMoss Ableton Push support would also allow the Ableton integration on other devices (I'm specifically thinking about the Roland Fantom-08 for example) to work with Bitwig?
No, the Fantom uses a specific protocol which would need to be implemented. If someone wants to gift me one, I would be glad to look into it :D ... or start bugging Roland to support Bitwig as well...

Hello, I have registered to ask for a solution to download latest DrivenByMoss Flex version, I have already spent about an hour trying to get in Moss´s page and I get always the message "can´t load, check for a typo in the page...." Have tried with 3 browsers, with and without add blockers.
Wherever I go, GitHUB, KVR or trying to click on the link of the .zip of version 4.19 I get an error. Can somebody help me? I need to get a Samson Graphite 49 working, the last Java script of 2014 by another user doesnt work.
Thank you very much.

alex2020 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:56 am Hello, I have registered to ask for a solution to download latest DrivenByMoss Flex version, I have already spent about an hour trying to get in Moss´s page and I get always the message "can´t load, check for a typo in the page...." Have tried with 3 browsers, with and without add blockers.
Wherever I go, GitHUB, KVR or trying to click on the link of the .zip of version 4.19 I get an error. Can somebody help me? I need to get a Samson Graphite 49 working, the last Java script of 2014 by another user doesnt work.
Thank you very much.
Just checked and the web site ( https://www.mossgrabers.de ) works fine. Here is the direct link:
https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bit ... Bitwig.zip

Thank you so much moss, I have the same problem, I think Its something in my Mac, something with firewall, like the address doesnt pass through, it says DNS address not found, dns_probe_possible.
Ill try from inside Windows, it wouldnt hurt , and good for diagnose, quite obvious this is on my side.
Best regards.

Well, this is very rare, no way to enter mossgrabers.de whatsoever, no Windows, not 2 Macs, not my Fire tablet, DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem. DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE, never happened something like this. Has someone any other possible repository for me to pickup this file? Thank you.

[ SOLVED ] Brave warned me on the Security Settings that my service provider didnt allways allowed Secure DNS Domains, so I went with Google ( Public DNS) . Problem solved. Thanks again.

Curious if anyone knows what happened. I updated to Bitwig 4.4.6 (latest) and script 19.1.0 (latest). If I click Session > Markers mode, the Push 2 will delay about 3 seconds, then switch to Marker mode but the entire Push 2 display is blank. Some of the buttons you would push to select a Marker are lit, others are dim, others are off. The pads remain lit based on clips from Session/Mix view (but I think this is normal).

If you do push one of those top row "marker select" buttons, it will launch a marker. However, if you try to > Page, it pages through the clips in clip launcher, it does not scroll the list of markers.

If I load a project that was created before I upgraded Bitwig/script, it works as expected... so I'm wondering if there's a setting preventing the Push 2 from fully entering Marker mode. Thanks!

vincentsky wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:30 pm Curious if anyone knows what happened. I updated to Bitwig 4.4.6 (latest) and script 19.1.0 (latest). If I click Session > Markers mode, the Push 2 will delay about 3 seconds, then switch to Marker mode but the entire Push 2 display is blank. Some of the buttons you would push to select a Marker are lit, others are dim, others are off. The pads remain lit based on clips from Session/Mix view (but I think this is normal).

If you do push one of those top row "marker select" buttons, it will launch a marker. However, if you try to > Page, it pages through the clips in clip launcher, it does not scroll the list of markers.

If I load a project that was created before I upgraded Bitwig/script, it works as expected... so I'm wondering if there's a setting preventing the Push 2 from fully entering Marker mode. Thanks!
I cannot reproduce any of the described issues. Just to be sure, retry with latest Bitwig 4.4.8.
Do you have a power supply connected to the Push?
From which mode did you enter the Markers mode?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
moss wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:47 am This Bitwig Studio Extension supports several controllers at once:
  • Ableton Push 1 / 2
  • Akai APC40 / APC40mkII
  • Akai APCmini
  • Akai Force
  • Akai MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One, MPC X
  • Arturia Beatstep
  • Electra One
  • Generic Flexi (map lots of stuff to any controller!)
  • Mackie HUI
  • Mackie MCU (with additional support for icon QCon Pro X)
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S mk I
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S mk II, A-series, M32
  • Native Instruments Maschine+, Mk2, Mk3, Studio, Mikro Mk3, JAM
  • Novation LaunchControl XL
  • Novation Launchkey Mk3 25, 37, 49, 61
  • Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3
  • Novation Launchpad Pro Mk1 / Mk3, MkII, X, Mini Mk3
  • Novation Remote SL, Mk I, Mk II, Mk III
  • Open Sound Control (OSC)
  • Utilities: Auto Color, Midi Monitor
  • Yaeltex Turn
Get the latest stable release from: https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html (https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html)

There are several in-depth video tutorials available: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... X9qGWuEeNm

For installation instructions see the manual which is included in the download.

Post all questions, wishes and discussion here.
Hi related to Push 2 controller i would like to have some help.
Im facing a weird behavior which i dont have with other daws.
When im playing the pads in combination with the hardware synth Acccess Virus Ti2 which comes with a vst then instead of just hitting notes it trigers many many parameters to the vst of my hardware synth chinging them which at the and makes the instrument useless could you please help?

Wanted also to mention that i've changed to both of the machines the midi channel number or played with bitwigs preferences but nothing helped at all

Pirapsy wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:34 pm Wanted also to mention that i've changed to both of the machines the midi channel number or played with bitwigs preferences but nothing helped at all
I have no experience with this plugin. Since it changes it values its somehow reacts to MIDI notes. You could try to block all MIDI notes with a MIDI filter.

moss wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:41 am
vincentsky wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:30 pm Curious if anyone knows what happened. I updated to Bitwig 4.4.6 (latest) and script 19.1.0 (latest). If I click Session > Markers mode, the Push 2 will delay about 3 seconds, then switch to Marker mode but the entire Push 2 display is blank.....
I cannot reproduce any of the described issues. Just to be sure, retry with latest Bitwig 4.4.8.
Do you have a power supply connected to the Push?
From which mode did you enter the Markers mode?
Thanks moss...frustrating, I can't reproduce it either! :) However, today... for zero reason, the markers showed up! Very strange. To answer your question, I pushed Session, then selected the button for Markers. I can get there from any other mode, it wouldn't make a difference. Yes power supply. Anyway, seems to mysteriously have resolved itself. Onward! Thanks for all you do!

Hi Jürgen,
First of all: Thank you! Thanks to you, I am having fun with a Launchpad Pro mk3 and a Faderfox EC4 (with Flexi script).
Also I have just started using the drum sequencer mode on the Launchpad, and I was absolutely thrilled to see how well it works. The thing is, I had somehow thought that the LP sequencer was separate from Bitwig. Since LP has this Print To Clip button that I read only works with Ableton, I thought it would be like a separate hardware sequencer, but then I found that it actually IS the Bitwig sequencer, only with complete hardware integration. So no need for "Print To Clip" as it already IS the clip. Such an awesome surprise.

Anyway, I have a question about how Flexi script works with Faderfox EC4: I have the EC4 set up for bi-directional CC so it can always show the current values. What puzzles me is that the knobs control Bitwig exactly as they should, but the EC4 does not show the correct values. It sort of tries to show the knob values, but feels like it can only update the shown value every two seconds or so. So if I e.g. do a volume fade from 0 to 127, then perhaps it will show one midrange value, say 55, and then when I am at the top of the range, tweak the knob a little back and forth, it will show a high value, say 123.

I am pretty sure I have had the EC4 to work perfectly with bi-directional CC in another context, which is why I am suspecting that something could be better with the script OR that I am doing something wrong.
In the Flexi settings I am using "Knob mode: Relative: Twos Complement" and "Send value to device: ON".

Return to “Controller Scripting”