Violet skunk - DARK ELECTRONIC SONG

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by hivkorn on Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Very moody! The spooky/haunting/sombre sounds underline the overall atmosphere well.

But it sounds a bit muffled, which may or may not be on purpose. At any rate, I personally feel there needs to be a bit more spread to the sound, it's a bit 1 dimensional.

It's also a bit minimalistic, and maybe more so than the atmosphere dictates. I get it that there's not going to be a lot of fanfares and offbeat rhythms, but maybe a sorrowful melody on a violin/flute/synth/theremin could be added? Overall - which ties in with the muffled sound too - there's something missing on the top of the piece. It seems to be missing a melody line in a higher register.

So I'd encourage you to give this one another look when you've got enough distance for a new perspective. Then you can see if you agree with this assessment or not.

There's much more potential in here I think, as you've laid the foundations for what could be a very nice little mood piece.

sjm wrote:Very moody! The spooky/haunting/sombre sounds underline the overall atmosphere well.

But it sounds a bit muffled, which may or may not be on purpose. At any rate, I personally feel there needs to be a bit more spread to the sound, it's a bit 1 dimensional.

It's also a bit minimalistic, and maybe more so than the atmosphere dictates. I get it that there's not going to be a lot of fanfares and offbeat rhythms, but maybe a sorrowful melody on a violin/flute/synth/theremin could be added? Overall - which ties in with the muffled sound too - there's something missing on the top of the piece. It seems to be missing a melody line in a higher register.

So I'd encourage you to give this one another look when you've got enough distance for a new perspective. Then you can see if you agree with this assessment or not.

There's much more potential in here I think, as you've laid the foundations for what could be a very nice little mood piece.
:tu: for your review , yes this song miss something , but beside my try to complete it with something else the best result was this version, i mean it sound exactly how i feel at the time i wrote this song..i have a few other song that i am working on it and maybe the other e will sound more 'full' ;)
Thx.

I like this as it is. However, fuller sounds would do justice to it. Maybe add a 1-2 elements or a bit of reverb :D
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

You re right i am working on the sound on this song ;) .new version will come with some improvements.
Thx for listening ;)

A bit of a sad tune, but it's ok for me. Which fathom do you mean, the free mono? Nice work.
Greetings
HM

the full version ;) Everything is mono but this is the full version :)
Thx for listenning.

I like that minimalistic composition and soundchoice. hypnotic in a positive way!
I bought fathom, too...but we never became friends.
cheers!
wolf

Thx for listening :)

srv-musikmaker wrote:I like this as it is. However, fuller sounds would do justice to it. Maybe add a 1-2 elements or a bit of reverb :D
agreed, given the predominant atmospheric nature of the piece, in your face, dry sounds seem a bit out of place. my 2 bits. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
srv-musikmaker wrote:I like this as it is. However, fuller sounds would do justice to it. Maybe add a 1-2 elements or a bit of reverb :D
agreed, given the predominant atmospheric nature of the piece, in your face, dry sounds seem a bit out of place. my 2 bits. :idea:
I am working on a new version ;)

xXXxXXxXXx
Last edited by hivkorn on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XXXX
Last edited by hivkorn on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”