Soundtoys cannot be used after repartitioning SSD.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I repartitioned by SSD last week and am now receiving the following error:

---------------------------
License Verification Error - Crystallizer 5
The software you're attempting to use cannot run because of hardware changes made to your machine. To correct this situation, please download and run the free iLok License Manager application located here:

http://www.ilok.com

If that does not resolve your issue, then please see the FAQ page on ilok.com for further steps.
OK

I've done as it says and all looks completely fine in the License Manager. I've also been to the FAQ's and I'll stop short of saying they're useless but they certainly didn't address the above.

Other things I've done:
- tried in both Cubase and Live
- restarted PC (yes it has to be said)
- reinstalled both License Manager and SoundToys.

Thoughts? I'll contact support but given it's the weekend hopefully I can resolve i before Monday.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Un- and re-assign the license(s) in the iLok license manager.

What does the iLok manager say regarding the whereabouts of your license? Actually your problem should rather be Pace-related than Soundtoys-related...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Bummer. No doubt it thinks it a different machine now. I suppose you cant deactivate it either.
Definitely a caveat of the machine activation, seems like you're probably going to have
them sort it for you. Sadly, you have to be super careful about drive configuration when
using the machine lock, one area where the dongle is a much better solution.

Although I'm sure it wont make you feel any better, no doubt most any similar protection
mechanism would likely fault with that as well. Although, systems like the one waves uses,
will afford you an opportunity to recover the lic at a limited interval.

-Good luck.

Mace404 wrote:Un- and re-assign the license(s) in the iLok license manager.
Sorry, forgot to mention I already tried that also.

jens wrote:What does the iLok manager say regarding the whereabouts of your license? Actually your problem should rather be Pace-related than Soundtoys-related...
That's the confusing bit. iLok manager says it's on "MMSurface" which is the name of the PC. It all looks absolutely perfect in there.

pekbro wrote:Bummer. No doubt it thinks it a different machine now. I suppose you cant deactivate it either.
Definitely a caveat of the machine activation, seems like you're probably going to have
them sort it for you. Sadly, you have to be super careful about drive configuration when
using the machine lock, one area where the dongle is a much better solution.

Although I'm sure it wont make you feel any better, no doubt most any similar protection
mechanism would likely fault with that as well. Although, systems like the one waves uses,
will afford you an opportunity to recover the lic at a limited interval.

-Good luck.
Yeah I can deactivate it. iLok manager is working perfectly. It deactivates and reactivates without any issue whatsoever.

Funny you mention Waves because thats the first thing I thought of also. They're all working perfectly since. No issues at all with them.

Weird, Can you move it? Maybe try moving it to the cloud... Or back to
your account maybe.

pekbro wrote:Weird, Can you move it? Maybe try moving it to the cloud... Or back to
your account maybe.
Tried both. SoundToys cannot be activated on the cloud (or so it seems).

I have moved it back to my account, restarted my PC and moved it back to it again. Still no dice.

Hmm, well you can try to log out and re-log into your account. Other than that,
maybe deactivate the lic, uninstall the manager and reinstall (basically a clean install)
it could possibly be having some issue.

Beyond that, get in contact with SoundToys support, your best bet for help, no doubt.

-Cheers :hug:

pekbro wrote:Hmm, well you can try to log out and re-log into your account. Other than that,
maybe deactivate the lic, uninstall the manager and reinstall (basically a clean install)
it could possibly be having some issue.

Beyond that, get in contact with SoundToys support, your best bet for help, no doubt.

-Cheers :hug:
Thanks, will try that tonight. Going out now because apparently it’s unsociable to sit in the studio on a sunny day :x

Problems like these are why I broke down and bought an iLok dongle. Sucks.

I've had a similar issue when I started using an external network interface and disabled the onboard interface in the bios. None of my iLok plugins worked (same issue about hardware changes) but in License Manager everything was fine. The only way to get my iLok plugins working again was to re-enable the onboard network interface.

This was several months ago. Recently I tried disabling the onboard interface again and now all my iLok protected plugins work perfectly fine. I have no clue why but I'm happy it works.

I finally got around to sending a ticket to SoundToys who in turn suggested I contact iLok.

I know we love to hang sh!t on iLok but credit where credit is due, they had me up and running in less than 48 hours.

Mushy Mushy wrote:I finally got around to sending a ticket to SoundToys who in turn suggested I contact iLok.

I know we love to hang sh!t on iLok but credit where credit is due, they had me up and running in less than 48 hours.
Good. Was it a user-level thing that could be done on your side or did they have to change something remotely that users cannot do?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Effects”