Dream soft synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think everything imaginable is already out there, but spread across different synths. Some have this, others that...
There are a few that are very complete, but I don't like them.

So, you already have a concept and now you are hoping that people here will list exactly those features that you already happen to have for your synth, right? 8)

Even if you give away a bit, it might make more sense to present your ideas and ask people what they think of them...

ghettosynth wrote:I dream of synthesizing sounds like these....it should use proper anal synthesis. Many people underestimate the impact of the cheeks on the tone. For good sound, you will need to properly model both the shape and size of the cheeks as well as the "embouchure" of the anus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_9m7RLJEI
This made my day! :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

No. 1 requirement MPE compatible and should be able to morph between presets.
It should be able to do concatenative synthesis.

And on top of the ice, direct imagination to sound interface...; - )

@OP: You ain't from around here, are ya boy?
A well-behaved signature.

Fungisonoris wrote:I’m a amateur musician who for many years have been developing a design for a software synth, mostly out from my own preferences and wishes. Now I’m getting together a team to realize it. I have come to the conclusion that to have a good chance on the market there needs to be a demand for the concept and features. Maybe there would be if they were known, but I don’t want to impose any bias to the question.
I would like to know if there are things you miss or could be better among the synths today. Is there any concept or features you think should be out there but is missing?
Maybe this question is improper in this forum? I don’t know. Any suggestions where I else should turn with a question like this?
Nope.

Fungisonoris wrote:I’m a amateur musician who for many years have been developing a design for a software synth, mostly out from my own preferences and wishes. Now I’m getting together a team to realize it. I have come to the conclusion that to have a good chance on the market there needs to be a demand for the concept and features. Maybe there would be if they were known, but I don’t want to impose any bias to the question.
I would like to know if there are things you miss or could be better among the synths today. Is there any concept or features you think should be out there but is missing?
Maybe this question is improper in this forum? I don’t know. Any suggestions where I else should turn with a question like this?
Hmmmmm. Maybe I'est answereth too hastily:

I have yet to see a tube-powered soft syth - perhaps a decktop hardware syth made of glowy tubes controlled by a soft-sith intraface using shark-based DSP ferm curds - that might sells to the players who have outgrowing their monosiths.

Ok, that's enough of me being silly.

Suggestion: if you've been working on something, what about showing us all what you got (maybe with audio examples if you're afraid of someone stealing your IP?)

- GA

Fungisonoris wrote:....

Make sure any synth you make responds to release velocity.

There - you have at least one opinion now.

Lol -

Ok, I'm going to hit you with a thoroughly selfish idea that others here might like to see, too:

A stand-alone wavetable creator that uses several different methods to create said wavetables - to be used in a number of different soft synths (and hardware synths, too - like Waldorf's Blofeld)

-GA

Yep... something like that is thoroughly needed.

I dream of one that emulates the sound of cottonwood fluffs landing on a bed of silk: the softest synth.

Most of the users are not designers,not even music producers - just enthusiasts and they will decide is it or isn't good enough to buy it - actually demands are up in the sky these days and if you are not super programmer and i guess there just a few of them,probably better not to compare functionality to already existing ones but to make something new with fresh juicy sound :)

cthonophonic wrote:I dream of one that emulates the sound of cottonwood fluffs landing on a bed of silk: the softest synth.
That's not going to be as soft as my silent sulfurous emissions gently permeating your nasal cavities.

Pfffffffffffff...................ewwwwwwwwwwww

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:make something new with fresh juicy sound :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwdTohoka2E
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ghettosynth wrote:I dream of synthesizing sounds like these....it should use proper anal synthesis. Many people underestimate the impact of the cheeks on the tone. For good sound, you will need to properly model both the shape and size of the cheeks as well as the "embouchure" of the anus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_9m7RLJEI
See, that’s where you’re wrong. Cheeks have minimal impact on tone. It’s all about sphincter tension and length and girth of the colon, or more specifically, the rectal-colon cavity. Having the right gut flora can actually have surprising influence on the sustain of the sounds, and that can help with tonal variety.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”