Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Ensembles High CPU Usuage

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't know about the high CPU usage of Virtuoso Ensembles before my purchase. The manual says, "...this one is unbelievably only 2.55GB
total! The whole idea was to be able to get a really amazing sound with a
very low memory load and a small CPU hit
." I really like the idea of its multis with layered patches, but playing just a few notes will spike the CPU and it would cause pops and crackling noises. I hope there will be an update.

Also, I wonder other libraries such as Diamond Symphony Orchestra have the same issue. I am thinking of buying Diamond Symphony Orchestra while it is on sale but only if I know for sure that it doesn't have the same CPU issue.

Hello krreed,

I experimented the same problem yesterday. Have you found a solution ?
In the setting parameters of Kontakt, about the "engine" (if I remember well), you have the possibility to use all the cores of your processor;: I think this option is disabled by default. By lack of time, I didn't go further especially as there was a warning message saying that if this function is enabled, that might be cause dysfunction (??)

great deal going on this package for the next 2 weeks.

$79

Go to KH site and see
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”