Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Loopcloud from Loopmasters

Loopcloud 2.0 is out now, and it lets you demo the award-winning Loopmasters catalogue in your DAW, in perfect sync with your projects, for free! Preview millions of sounds – whether you own them or not – straight from the cloud, and only pay for what you need.

Read more at www.loopmasters.com
chk071
KVRAF
 
15494 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 3:40 am Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

Not to mention that it's a GREAT thing to be able to consider yourself whether or not you buy the new, hot and shiny new thing, or wait for half a year, and get it for 50% off. I mean, really, how awesome can it get?
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
786 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 am Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

chk071 wrote:Don't think i'll ever get this "I feel mistreated" attitude when things go on sale.


I literally have this conversation. Every. Time. ..with my clients when they question why new clients get a better deal than they did the year earlier (leases). It's the nature of the beast. Purchasing anything at any given time is a risk. One has to weigh the benefits against the risk and act accordingly.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.1 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
chk071
KVRAF
 
15494 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 am Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

For me, products going on sale have a massive advantage against static prices, also for the customers. It allows the early adopters to get what they're after, right now, and it allows the people who need to watch their expenses to get stuff they normally couldn't or wouldn't be able to afford. I find it especially beneficial for audio software, because, let's be honest, it's all very expensive, because it's such a small market.

I wouldn't even know where the game branche would be now, if they hadn't sales after a year, where 50 € games get sold for 10-20 €. It surely produces a LOT of additional sales, in time where they usually would have no sales at all.
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
786 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 am Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

chk071 wrote:For me, products going on sale have a massive advantage against static prices, also for the customers. It allows the early adopters to get what they're after, right now, and it allows the people who need to watch their expenses to get stuff they normally couldn't or wouldn't be able to afford. I find it especially beneficial for audio software, because, let's be honest, it's all very expensive, because it's such a small market.

I wouldn't even know where the game branche would be now, if they hadn't sales after a year, where 50 € games get sold for 10-20 €. It surely produces a LOT of additional sales, in time where they usually would have no sales at all.


Agreed, though I'm pretty sure the entitled "gimme everything now and give it to me free" generation will disagree with us. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

* Note: that comment is NOT directed towards anyone in this thread.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.1 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
Winstontaneous
KVRian
 
1301 posts since 14 Feb, 2006, from Berkeley, CA

Postby Winstontaneous; Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 am Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

EnochLight wrote:
chk071 wrote:Don't think i'll ever get this "I feel mistreated" attitude when things go on sale.


I literally have this conversation. Every. Time. ..with my clients when they question why new clients get a better deal than they did the year earlier (leases). It's the nature of the beast. Purchasing anything at any given time is a risk. One has to weigh the benefits against the risk and act accordingly.

But then there are companies like PSP and FabFilter who have cumulative discounts so the more products you own, the greater discount you get. I do get annoyed that Props lure new customers with freebies but rarely do anything similar to appreciate longtime customers who have kept their company afloat over the years.
chk071
KVRAF
 
15494 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

Winstontaneous wrote:But then there are companies like PSP and FabFilter who have cumulative discounts so the more products you own, the greater discount you get.

I'm 100% positive that some would argue that that is unfair towards the people who are new to their products. And so the cycle continues, on and on, because everyone is just hanging to their own personal view, without seeing a bigger picture, or actually realizing that both sides benefit from market dynamics.
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
786 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Wed May 16, 2018 12:07 pm Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

Winstontaneous wrote:I do get annoyed that Props lure new customers with freebies but rarely do anything similar to appreciate longtime customers who have kept their company afloat over the years.


I hear you. I feel the same way about Ford, Chrysler, and GM. Whenever I lease, there always seems to be a better deal out 6 months after I sign my contract. It's been like that for over 20 years and drives me crazy. Their "loyalty" programs are worthless.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.1 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
Benutzername
KVRist
 
258 posts since 23 Jan, 2008, from Hamburg, Germany

Postby Benutzername; Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 am Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

Winstontaneous wrote:But then there are companies like PSP and FabFilter who have cumulative discounts so the more products you own, the greater discount you get. I do get annoyed that Props lure new customers with freebies but rarely do anything similar to appreciate longtime customers who have kept their company afloat over the years.


I'm a customer since ReBirth RB-338 1.0 and I think it is totally ok that new users get get some benefits and stuff to get them started. The amount of free stuff is a bit questionable as often a new full version of the base application is much cheaper than a naked update for existing users when you subtract all the free stuff. But that's the way it is. I'm a developer myself and I know that a company can only exist with a constant stream of new customers (or by going subscription only but that's another topic).

What I really really really hate are ads in every possible form and shape. So in the last 20 years as a customer of Propellerheads I missed out a lot of free stuff just because I refuse to accept that they constantly flood my inbox with loads of crap. I accept this fact but this doesn't mean that I like it.

So in reality the things are actually not free for existing and loyal customers. These customers will have to actively monitor all social media channels and wade through tons of marketing crap in the newsletters to find the offers. The deal is: Watch all our marketing BS and you'll get a goodie once in a while (but only if you are fast enough to hit the very short time frames).

Just being a loyal customer isn't enough to qualify for free stuff and great offers. This business model is purely marketing driven and not driven by customer satisfaction. That's a shame.
User avatar
poleda
KVRist
 
52 posts since 17 May, 2018

Postby poleda; Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

EnochLight wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote:I do get annoyed that Props lure new customers with freebies but rarely do anything similar to appreciate longtime customers who have kept their company afloat over the years.


I hear you. I feel the same way about Ford, Chrysler, and GM. Whenever I lease, there always seems to be a better deal out 6 months after I sign my contract. It's been like that for over 20 years and drives me crazy. Their "loyalty" programs are worthless.


Must be the "American" contracts, that would never happen in foreign countries.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
786 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Thu May 17, 2018 5:16 pm Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

poleda wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote:I do get annoyed that Props lure new customers with freebies but rarely do anything similar to appreciate longtime customers who have kept their company afloat over the years.


I hear you. I feel the same way about Ford, Chrysler, and GM. Whenever I lease, there always seems to be a better deal out 6 months after I sign my contract. It's been like that for over 20 years and drives me crazy. Their "loyalty" programs are worthless.


Must be the "American" contracts, that would never happen in foreign countries.


Perhaps. We tend to do things a little different. ;)
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.1 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
User avatar
poleda
KVRist
 
52 posts since 17 May, 2018

Postby poleda; Thu May 17, 2018 6:54 pm Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

EnochLight wrote:
Perhaps. We tend to do things a little different. ;)


I heard the cost of living is lower in other countries, it's an option.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
26841 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Thu May 17, 2018 7:03 pm Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

poleda wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Perhaps. We tend to do things a little different. ;)


I heard the cost of living is lower in other countries, it's an option.


please stay on topic
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
User avatar
poleda
KVRist
 
52 posts since 17 May, 2018

Postby poleda; Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

In all seriousness though, it looks like Propellerhead is actually making moves and they are finally giving their long time users what they really want.

Image

I'm just a little upset that it didn't happen sooner.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4483 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Thu May 17, 2018 10:25 pm Re: Reason 10.1 free update ...

I really hope that in a next update or upgrade they solve the tiny size of the old racks. At least the ones produced by Propellerhead themselves!

For example, like the VST small bar when you click it appears the plugin. They could make a larger GUI in that pop-up window :)

I might buy a 32" 4k monitor soon, but that would make Reason and some old VST instruments unusable. As much as I love these tools but the visibility would make me stop using them. Let's hope there will be a word about it at least by the developers.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)