Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Mon May 14, 2018 1:15 pm echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
 
1905 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Wed May 16, 2018 1:46 am Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

Wow!
Fabulous sounds...
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 am Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

cheers mate 8)
its just basic oscillators filters and lfos, but i realised i hadn't droned out yet with the eurorack :hihi: so it needed to be done before there was some catastrophic tear in the fabric of space...

i need to spend some time doing some café listening, notice you and your brother got a new one up :tu:
User avatar
htcnext2
KVRist
 
218 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 am Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

Interesting piece of music. Nice variations throughout. Kind of modular/analog soundscape? The track kept my attention, which is not always the case with sounds like that. Good work!

Greetings
HM
User avatar
Unaspected
KVRist
 
269 posts since 4 May, 2012

Postby Unaspected; Thu May 17, 2018 4:31 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

A dark, experimental journey. I like it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun making this.

This will be my soundtrack for the next hour or so.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11735 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri May 18, 2018 3:19 am Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

vurt wrote:http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtube/echos%20of%20the%20id.mp3


Well that was quite an adventure.

You know, this reminds me of the stuff I used to do back in the late 70s when I got my first synth. I used to love just playing around turning dials and moving sliders. Kind of outgrew it, which is kind of sad in a way. The "joy" of synths just for their own sake has been lost on me. Now they're just a means to an ends to make "real" music.

Anyway, what was this done with? Eurorack? Something else?

My apologies if this has been listed elsewhere and I just missed it.

Anyway, that was REALLY cool.
sjm
KVRian
 
1491 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Sat May 19, 2018 8:49 am Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

There's a very similar feel to this to your "epic space hangar" piece from a few months back (vurt lost in space?). Again, I'm not getting much of a human feel, it's all technology and robots and spaceships. Humming engines, robotics bleeps, a metallic sense of spaciousness.

"Interesting" side note: while listening, the oven timer that I'd set started beeping, and it took me about one and a half minutes to realise it wasn't part of the piece. Doh! It did seem to be going on for an awfully long time without variations in timbre, which struck me as odd.
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 12:58 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

htcnext2 wrote:Interesting piece of music. Nice variations throughout. Kind of modular/analog soundscape? The track kept my attention, which is not always the case with sounds like that. Good work!

Greetings
HM



its modular but not wholly analogue, a few digital modules, mainly sequencing but also one of the oscillators, the make noise telharmonic.
there is also some ni replika on the mix down of four layers of the modular.

thanks for listening.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 12:59 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

Unaspected wrote:A dark, experimental journey. I like it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun making this.

This will be my soundtrack for the next hour or so.


cool glad you enjoyed 8)
yeah, its probably more fun being the one plugging it all in and tweaking around :hihi:
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 1:01 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

wagtunes wrote:
vurt wrote:http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtube/echos%20of%20the%20id.mp3


Well that was quite an adventure.

You know, this reminds me of the stuff I used to do back in the late 70s when I got my first synth. I used to love just playing around turning dials and moving sliders. Kind of outgrew it, which is kind of sad in a way. The "joy" of synths just for their own sake has been lost on me. Now they're just a means to an ends to make "real" music.

Anyway, what was this done with? Eurorack? Something else?

My apologies if this has been listed elsewhere and I just missed it.

Anyway, that was REALLY cool.


well, maybe you need to take a little time to just feel that joy again?
im aiming towards doing some "real writing" once ive completed the system i have in mind, till then ill noodle, sketch and post and be damned, be it one thread or a thousand i will never surrender!!!
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 1:03 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

ps: yeah the eurorack, plus a little replika.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

sjm wrote:There's a very similar feel to this to your "epic space hangar" piece from a few months back (vurt lost in space?). Again, I'm not getting much of a human feel, it's all technology and robots and spaceships. Humming engines, robotics bleeps, a metallic sense of spaciousness.


sometimes, i don't feel altogether human.
maybe i long for the freedom space travel would offer.
solitude, amidst the stars...

"Interesting" side note: while listening, the oven timer that I'd set started beeping, and it took me about one and a half minutes to realise it wasn't part of the piece. Doh!


:hihi: or maybe i sampled your oven timer, in the future and travelled back to when i was recording this, did you check in the wardrobe :scared:



It did seem to be going on for an awfully long time without variations in timbre, which struck me as odd.



this aint jazz braw!
sjm
KVRian
 
1491 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Sat May 19, 2018 2:45 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

Jazz with an oven timer? Is there a market for that?
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
35402 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 2:48 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

sjm wrote:Jazz with an oven timer? Is there a market for that?

only if we can find someone to do some robert smithesque warbling, preferably a drunk robert smith doing jazz scat over oven timers set to 9s or 13s :o
its already big in belgium!!!
sjm
KVRian
 
1491 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm Re: echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

vurt wrote:
sjm wrote:Jazz with an oven timer? Is there a market for that?

only if we can find someone to do some robert smithesque warbling, preferably a drunk robert smith doing jazz scat over oven timers set to 9s or 13s :o
its already big in Belgium!!!


I have a feeling this is heading quickly into "more oven timer" skit territory. At any rate, I can't warble and play the oven at the same time. Especially not in 13/8.

Why Belgium, of all places?
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe

FEATURED
48% Off
SpeakerSpeaker Modelling
by AudioThing
  $19.00
Add A Review My KVR
Was $19.00; Save $9.25 until 30 Jun 2018!
Philosophy of design: An interview with Roland Lamb from ROLI
Advertisements