Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
perpetual3
KVRist

180 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

ghettosynth wrote:
Frantz wrote:Hink is monitoring the situation but is not taking action yet. If you are annoyed by Silke, you can report her posts as spam to make your voice heard. If enough people report these posts, it will become clear the community does not appreciate this kind of posting behavior.

If you haven't picked up on it yet, the Streisand effect is at work here. People are joining because these threads are fun/funny, and part of that is how some of you are getting your panties all in a bunch over this. The more people gripe, the more attention these threads are going to get. Everyone will want to join in and say their little clever bit and the threads will continue to get bumped.

I think that your attempt to define this as spam doesn't really pass muster here. My perception of that feature is for true spam. As you know, every once in a while we get actual spam here and it's really annoying. This isn't that and I think that you know that.

I know I suck at funny hence the /s but thanks for this.
vurt
addled muppet weed

35270 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Hink wrote:IME most people who post in just the cafe and dont respond or comment on other's music do not get much attention

And yet here we are :shrug:

Most folk don't take it on themselves to start ten threads in a day just to promote their music, without any interest in engagement with other members. And so, like you say, this just tends to work itself out. In this case, I'm not so sure.

i think the ten threads, a very specific number, given frantz "what if?" scenario from the day earlier, may have been a response of a kind ;)

and to be fair to silke, it wasn't her that actually bumped all the others, which where collected from the first 8 pages. which isn't a huge amount really.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11229 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Frantz wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I agree, she should definitely limit herself a bit (and I am not even talking about the "music" as such). Maybe open a single thread like some other people have done, where they dump all their audios in.

I suggested that in one her threads on Monday. Silke ignored me while whyterabbyt and vurt were offended by this idea.

Offended?! 8) Wow...

If I wrote what I think of some music in this sub-forum, I think people might be offended, though 8)

It should be like in the market place forum, just one thread per user at a time.
Posting all audios in a single thread has the advantage that one can track a person's progress over time, if there is any.
Hink
Rad Grandad

26841 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

jancivil wrote:
Hink wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:

Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?

The Music Cafe is a space that is offered for people to share, comment etc. on each others' music. There are no rules about posting frequency, likely because most people know how to self-regulate that part of them that might want it ALL to be about them, by the time they get out of their mid-teens.

This member has only ever posted to show her music, and never even bothers to engage with those who have taken the time to listen and comment. And now spamming multiple tracks, again without any further engagement. No rule against it, I just think i'm among a few who find it obnoxious.

It took a long time before the marketplace had a 48-hour no-bump rule, because most people knew why they shouldn't bump their own shit every hour, on the hour. It's that self-regulation thing that keeps thing running smoothly. It seems most people in the Music Cafe have it. And the only other member here who seems so prolific, and excited to share, at least has the decency to not force it down everyone's throats :tu:

but she's not bumping the music as much as members are. Frantz said I'm watching and yes but to make sure it stays civil and you are 100% correct there is no rule against this right now. IME most people who post in just the cafe and dont respond or comment on other's music do not get much attention (she did comment on wags corner). In this case she is getting attention for merely posting her music on a forum, not constantly bumping it but just posting it.

If Ben decides there should be some kind of limits so be it, I understand how it can rub people the wrong way. On the other hand the cafe is a fast moving forum so ignore them and use the new post/all posts read functions to quickly navigate the forum.

perpetual3 wrote:Why don’t we all post our lofi electro unfinished song/loops set to psychedelic ‘70s TV commercials? I’ve got over a decade of those.

In fact - why not post them in response to Silke F?

Don’t let work or education get in the way, mans! /s

please do not hi-jack another's thread like this in the cafe, no one would like it done to them so please dont do it.

This is you moderating some more again. WOW. I think we're all apprised there is no rule. There is a problem of collegiality when someone takes over 50% of two pages for a couple days running who doesn't engage their own threads or engage here otherwise at all. You don't need to stupidsplain this, you could've left it well alone if this is all you can manage. You actually replied to something eminently reasonable and articulated about perfectly to do this shit. You truly suck at this.

A warning to someone hijacking one thread vs someone hijacking the subforum, yeah buddy that's how you roll and always has been.

and I dont need or want your 2 cents
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
inkwarp
KVRian

580 posts since 16 Jan, 2012, from UK

Postby inkwarp; Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Honestly Frantz, I think most people don't really care. Apathy is more common than I think most of us care to admit to.

It's just the way it is.

I'd look into this issue but i can't be bothered : )
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11229 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 17, 2018 11:48 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

I wouldn't mind much either, IF one could hide threads from certain people. When one person has so many active threads, other people's single threads might kind of get lost between them or pushed to page 2 or 3 fast.
chk071
KVRAF

15494 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 pm Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

TBH, such a spammy output rather makes me switch to ignore mode. Not into quantity > quality.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

10854 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 pm Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Frantz wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I think that your attempt to define this as spam doesn't really pass muster here. My perception of that feature is for true spam. As you know, every once in a while we get actual spam here and it's really annoying. This isn't that and I think that you know that.

I think it is spam. Some people start dozens of threads to advertise some other website and get instabanned. Silke started dozens of threads to advertise her YouTube channel. The fact that her YouTube channel contains something that resembles music is where it gets a little hazy. But her KVR participation exactly fits the spammer profile.

I'm not saying that you don't think that it's spam, I'm saying that you know the difference between the two scenarios that you describe and that I think that your encouraging people to report it based on your definition is abusive.

There are lots of things that I think are spam that don't meet that definition, your complaints in other people's music cafe threads for one.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25829 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri May 18, 2018 1:18 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Frantz wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I agree, she should definitely limit herself a bit (and I am not even talking about the "music" as such). Maybe open a single thread like some other people have done, where they dump all their audios in.

I suggested that in one her threads on Monday. Silke ignored me while whyterabbyt and vurt were offended by this idea.

Offended?! 8) Wow...

Yes, wow.

Good that Frantz was here to tell you what vurt and I were thinking, isnt it? And moreso that he's impartial enough not to have misrepresented the situation to further his own agenda.

edit : for typo
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Fri May 18, 2018 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri May 18, 2018 4:35 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

i was wondering how id felt.

ps: bump :lol:
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

9841 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

vurt wrote:i was wondering how id felt.

And!? How do you feel?

vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri May 18, 2018 4:57 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

liberally, in crowded arenas. that's how i get away with it.
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

9841 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Fri May 18, 2018 5:01 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

vurt wrote:liberally, in crowded arenas. that's how i get away with it.

:scared: If only you had six pairs of hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HgeEXbD9A
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri May 18, 2018 5:03 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

:lol:
PreviousNext

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe