She Feels (another thing...ElectroMetal?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Made another thing, focusing a bit more on the guitars this time. Still very much a work in progress, needs a little bit of work on the vocals and some EQ cleanup in the lower mid 'mud' of things, as well as a little mix glue. But it's most of the way there.

Before you listen, this is a mix, and i mix quiet (usually around 0dbvu), and i don't mix into a mastering chain. So it's quiet. This is not unintentional, i save this for a dedicated mastering process.

Tell me what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/izalith/she-feels-wip

I could easily picture this on an album. Electro Metal, eh? Nice. Vocals. Live or sampled? Couldn't really tell.

As far as the mix, I don't hear anything wrong with it the way it is other than, as you said, the volume, which will be raised in the mastering process.

I like it.

Professionally made track. The only downside is the volume. I think if you present it to a bigger audience, you should also master it, because of the loudness war (!) outthere.
Greetings
HM

I really like this -- it's my kind of music (the kind I like to listen to, not the kind I'm actually making). Very much a Celldweller type of industrial/electronic metal. I love how it hits hard right about 4:20. Love the dynamics. Really nice job IMO. I would put this on my playlist.

I can't really effectively criticize the mix. It sounds great to my ears.

I do find the vocal part a little challenging. Maybe it's somebody singing in a language I'm not accustomed to hearing? Or are there parts chopped and spliced together?

I think this is great! Thanks for sharing it.

A lot of cool ideas here from the delicate to the extreme. A little unstructured for my tastes although I imagine there would be an audience for this.

Interesting and unique. :tu:

Sounds good this end, well arranged and mixed. Top stuff.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! It's really appreciated and encouraging.
wagtunes wrote:Electro Metal, eh? Nice. Vocals. Live or sampled? Couldn't really tell..
Rajiv wrote:I do find the vocal part a little challenging. Maybe it's somebody singing in a language I'm not accustomed to hearing? Or are there parts chopped and spliced together?
i can't think of a better style term...electro metal sounds terrible, though, doesn't it? :? i'm open to suggestions.

The vocals are a mixture of both...some field recordings and some acapellas from friends or YouTube, fed into Ableton's Simpler and spliced so that i can then 'perform' the vocal with my keyboard (and apply different warp modes for different effects). Sometimes it creates new words but usually incomprehensible gibberish, which i'm fine with (thanks, Burroughs) but i can see it being annoying. i'm massively influenced by Burial and y y y in the vocal area. Most of the original vocals are in English but sometimes i use Hindi, Italian, Gaelic or Arabic, depending on what i can find. i don't like using samples without words, oddly. They don't cut as well.
Frantz wrote:A little unstructured for my tastes although I imagine there would be an audience for this.
Yeah, i can definitely see that. Structure-wise, i'm definitely more in the post-whatever camp (Irepress, Explosions in the Sky, Isis, Neurosis) that doesn't really repeat as much than more structured electronic music. i just like the sounds in electronic music better.

i'm thinking that this stuff will be put on an EP soon, at which point it'll be mastered and loud(er).

Cool track. I like the shifts between styles. It has energy and maintains interest.
Guitar sounds great with nice variety and power.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Powerful from starting to end. A Jewel in the net.

:tu:

Nice. The more free-form approach works well for this kind of thing IMO. It's sonic journey, not a singalong song.

I love this, love the suddenness of the volume changes.
Starting to really hate the popular "mastered" sound of almost everything, for listening on a good system, or headphones, alone. I want a dynamic experience.
Really love the section staring around 3:08

Thanks for sharing your music

Return to “Music Cafe”