Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
theangelcave
KVRer

2 posts since 17 May, 2018

Postby theangelcave; Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 am VST Window too large

I did my research beforehand, but the solution for other DAWs did not translate to Mulabs, and I could not find a forum describing the issue in Mulabs.
The title explains it.
My Screen is 1366 by 768 on an HP Compag G1, which is odd I know. Along with a few other VSTs, loading up Cobalt Vst brings up a window that cuts off the bottom. And Cobalt does not offer resizing. And I do not have a second screen, nor want to buy one.
Any idea what I could do to be able to see the entire VST? I could really use that second Envelope option.
Thanks
dakkra
KVRian

848 posts since 4 Oct, 2012, from Utah

Postby dakkra; Sat May 19, 2018 8:59 am Re: VST Window too large

EDIT: might help if I linked the video (derp)

Depending on the complexity of the VST, you could use the plain/generic view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCKy-0ulno4

Hopefully this works for you, though the generic editor does get confusing at times.

I know you already stated you don't like the idea of a second/external monitor, but the majority of the content creation world has moved on to 1920x1080 as a minimum standard for both output and workspaces. It's hard to find a laptop powerful enough to do proper content creation that has anything lower than a 1920x1080 resolution. Many are coming out with 1440p or even 4k displays now.

Displays with smaller resolutions are falling into the legacy tech area. It's becoming difficult to support small resolution displays when developers have to target mainstream/creative markets with 4k displays.

A good cheap inexpensive external monitor is This HP monitor. I have it as a secondary display in my bedroom studio and it does the job well.

Hope this helps,
Dakkra
theangelcave
KVRer

2 posts since 17 May, 2018

Postby theangelcave; Sat May 19, 2018 9:03 am Re: VST Window too large

Quick thing the video is coming up as unavailable. But otherwise thank you and I guess I will look into a new display then. And I will try that generic view thing as well. But if you know where that video cam from, and can link it I would very much appreciate it.
dakkra
KVRian

848 posts since 4 Oct, 2012, from Utah

Postby dakkra; Sat May 19, 2018 10:28 am Re: VST Window too large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCKy-0ulno4

Should be working now?

I've tried it on multiple browsers and on different YouTube accounts.

Cheers,
Dakkra

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS