TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
Trancit
KVRAF
2341 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 am

ecristian wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 am
Nothing very exciting from presonus in the late years,at least for me, but i have big hopes that in version 5 or 6 they will fix this problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2p_hlH6eVI
1. I am not a programmer so I cannot tell a lot about the change of the frequencies coming through... but I know that oversampling has some side artefacts to the whole signal (i.e. latency) and trying to null an oversampled signal to a none oversampled signal doesn´t work that easy imho...

2. I would assume that something is either wrong with the test or with the HoFa EQ as it isn´t possible that it doesn´t null with oversampling off but it nulls with oversampling on... there is definitely something wrong...

3. I think the assumption is wrong that the High quality mode in the Pro EQ is reversed ...
Quite easy to test... oversampling takes a bit of CPU... take 50 audio tracks playing a little loop with each an Pro EQ on ... if you set them to High quality mode, they take nearly the double CPU...
Last edited by Trancit on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071
KVRAF
22205 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 am

ecristian wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 am
Nothing very exciting from presonus in the late years,at least for me, but i have big hopes that in version 5 or 6 they will fix this problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2p_hlH6eVI
If it hasn't been done yet, please report it to Presonus.

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
1182 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:36 pm

ecristian wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 am
Nothing very exciting from presonus in the late years,at least for me,
What do you define exciting in respect of DAW features not yet implemented ?

For me, it would be an editable video timeline strip and surround sound features. Notation is really the only other thing I can think of, at least for those who require it.

Hi-DPI scaling of the native effects would be nice... :hihi:
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
1182 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:39 pm

October 31st 2019 Review of Studio One, I just found by accident... (Don't know why the reviewer is using images before version 4 though).

https://uk.pcmag.com/recording/91801/pr ... studio-one
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

User avatar
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2214 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 pm

I wish studio one wasn't so dependent on win 10 (minor) updates .
If I don't update win 10 ( happens every few months ) , studio one's on screen keyboard or drawing notes in the piano roll refuse to send a NOTE -OFF ( midi mon shows otherwise ) to my physical hardware .
This only happens with studio one and is a royal pita
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

chk071
KVRAF
22205 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:05 pm

Are you sure that that is due to Studio One being so picky about Windows 10 updates? Because i highly doubt it. If you haven't tested that properly with other computers, and with rolling back to the update before the latest update, it's very, very unlikely that it happens because you didn't update to the latest Windows 10 version. Why would it?

User avatar
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2214 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:37 pm

It has now happened every single time whenI haven't updated windows
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
1182 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Think I found a bug, I'm on version 4.5.3, so one before the current one that is 4.5.4. Just need a confirmation if it's the same in the current version.

Drag an audioloop from the browser to the track, press 'Q' to quantise it.

Result: The track will completely mute it self, when it shouldn't. That's how it looks initially, but there is something which has happened to the audioloop, it's no longer functioning even though it's not muted or locked in anyway.

What should happen is that the audio should quantise to that of the quantise settings.

Added the file... to download to see for yourself. Also check to see how many days you have recording left when you open the file. Does it show you something which is actually wrong and inaccurate ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

User avatar
Aliens
KVRian
840 posts since 2 Oct, 2016 from DogGirlDon't

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:10 pm

What, no crack for 4.5.4 yet?

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
1182 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Can't be sure if you're referencing me... or asking the community for an answer to that, but some of us including myself actually pay for software we use... some of us actually hold back from using the latest version because we don't want to incur any further issue's if there are any...
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

User avatar
Aliens
KVRian
840 posts since 2 Oct, 2016 from DogGirlDon't

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Yeah, it was definitely referencing you and not a general request for information, cause it's surprising someone so keen to monopolise the posting and debate of S1 releases on here doesn't actually use the latest software, especially now it's a couple of months later.

User avatar
tonedef71
KVRian
1093 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:55 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm
Think I found a bug, I'm on version 4.5.3, so one before the current one that is 4.5.4. Just need a confirmation if it's the same in the current version.

Drag an audioloop from the browser to the track, press 'Q' to quantise it.

Result: The track will completely mute it self, when it shouldn't. That's how it looks initially, but there is something which has happened to the audioloop, it's no longer functioning even though it's not muted or locked in anyway.

What should happen is that the audio should quantise to that of the quantise settings.

Added the file... to download to see for yourself. Also check to see how many days you have recording left when you open the file. Does it show you something which is actually wrong and inaccurate ?
I am running Studio One 4.5.4 on Windows 10 Pro x64. I downloaded your track and then opened it in Studio One. I could not do much with it because on my PC, I did not have the same loops and plugins installed as required by your saved project file. I did note down the max recording time reported in the transport bar.

After shutting down an restarting Studio One, I created a new project and dragged over an audio loop from the browser and pressed the Q key to quantize it. The quantization occurred and the loop nor the track were muted. I played back the track and it sounded robotic with the quantization in effect. I looked at the max recording time reported in the transport bar, and it was the same value reported when your project had been opened up in the DAW.
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 4.5 Pro; FL Studio 20.5; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
1182 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Re: TPR [Studio One] Latest Version: 4.5.4 -| 2019 - 09 - 17 |

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 pm

tonedef71 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:55 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 pm
Think I found a bug, I'm on version 4.5.3, so one before the current one that is 4.5.4. Just need a confirmation if it's the same in the current version.

Drag an audioloop from the browser to the track, press 'Q' to quantise it.

Result: The track will completely mute it self, when it shouldn't. That's how it looks initially, but there is something which has happened to the audioloop, it's no longer functioning even though it's not muted or locked in anyway.

What should happen is that the audio should quantise to that of the quantise settings.

Added the file... to download to see for yourself. Also check to see how many days you have recording left when you open the file. Does it show you something which is actually wrong and inaccurate ?
I am running Studio One 4.5.4 on Windows 10 Pro x64. I downloaded your track and then opened it in Studio One. I could not do much with it because on my PC, I did not have the same loops and plugins installed as required by your saved project file. I did note down the max recording time reported in the transport bar.

After shutting down an restarting Studio One, I created a new project and dragged over an audio loop from the browser and pressed the Q key to quantize it. The quantization occurred and the loop nor the track were muted. I played back the track and it sounded robotic with the quantization in effect. I looked at the max recording time reported in the transport bar, and it was the same value reported when your project had been opened up in the DAW.
Thanks for checking....I'll make a video using my camcorder and post it later... as it's not something I've encountered before I don't think. For reference though, I'm using Windows 7 64 ..not that this should really make a difference though. I can only presume that the project file is miss calculating the amount of storage I have thus it's not allowing the audioloop file to be played back. I edited my last post to mention that it's the audio file itself. The audio channel is active and working with other loops on it.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”