- 1: Preset/Load and save in XML utilizing a Bank/Preset system which mirrors the File structure where they are stored. New Banks can be created, Presets are always saved to the currently selected Bank at the moment.
2: A theme manager based on 4 colours which can be edited in real-time and saved/loaded as a preset.
3: A Randomize Customization System with the ability to set min/max/enable and probability for each parameter (probability is still to be implemented). These can also be saved/Loaded as Presets.
4: An Information Bar which displays hover Help as well as values fro the current Slider. Help can be disabled from the File menu.
5: Vector based System that can be resized by dragging the bottom corner.
6. Global Randomizer and a Global Default, the Global Default can be saved using the current settings at any time.
It's still work in progress and may possibly change in the future but it's a great stating point so far. I haven't really done much with custom graphics yet, I may look into importing SVG's for the Knobs and Sliders which would open the door to custom skinning but that may be further into the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT7VIVx ... e=youtu.be
So I have made a plug-in whilst building the system which is fairly basic in what it does but I think will be useful to many people. Coming from Cubase I used to make lots of use of the Randomize Velocity to add subtle variation to Midi notes and this is one of the functions of Fluctuate:
- * The Plug-in takes Midi Input and Passes it through after using the Selected functions.
* Random Velocity - Takes the incoming Midi Velocity and adds a random positive or negative value based on the amount setting and passes it to the output.
* Random Pitch Bend - Adds a Random Pitch bend Message by the selected Amount to each outgoing Note.
* Channel Remap - Changes the Midi Channel from whatever Channel is incoming to the Selected Channel. Setting it to Zero is Off.
* CC1/CC2 Sections - Selecting a CC ID you can directly take control of a Control Change using the CC Base Knob which can be also be automated. The Random Amount will send a positive random Value added to the Base Value with each Note on. In the video I use CC1 to control the Modulation Wheel which is mapped to Pitch to easily her what's going on. If the CC ID parameter is zero then it is disabled.
It's a free Plug-in and initially in VST format for Windows 32/64 bit (although I haven't tested the 32 bit version very much). It should copy the presets folder automatically when first launched to your My Documents folder. I'm keen to hear back regarding any problems with this method. If it does fail see below.
Download Fluctuate for Windows x64/x32
Download Fluctuate VST/AU for MAC (min 10.7)
Hopefully it will auto install but if it fails to copy the folder to My Documents do the following:
1. Create a Folder called 'Homegrown Sounds' in My Documents/Documents Folder.
2. Copy the 'Fluctuate' folder from the 'Install Data' Folder located next to the plug-in.
3. Paste it into the Director you created in step 1.