Billoew

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hiya everyone! This is the last thing I've been working on and would love to hear your thoughts!
https://soundcloud.com/you_sir/billoew
This is the first time playing around with reverb and those bass-mid-high knobs so hopefully everything sounded alright. I would be interested to hear some thoughts on the bells towards the end portion of the song and whether it was too busy; my intention was to build it up and take slowly take it away to flow into the conclusion of the song!

Feel free to send me your stuff too! I would be happy to share you my thoughts! :D

Question: Do you have a limiter on the output buss? The kick seems a bit distorted and the overall volume is quite loud. Bell at the end sounds fine. Would have liked a little more variation in the piece instead of just the same riff played over and over. But that's just personal preference. Of course at a little over a minute, piece could probably be expanded anyway. Just some thoughts.

wagtunes wrote:Question: Do you have a limiter on the output buss? The kick seems a bit distorted and the overall volume is quite loud. Bell at the end sounds fine. Would have liked a little more variation in the piece instead of just the same riff played over and over. But that's just personal preference. Of course at a little over a minute, piece could probably be expanded anyway. Just some thoughts.
Yeah I didn't use a limiter and now that you mention it, I could have worked on the volume a bit. I'll do my best to figure out ways to expand and add variation! Thanks a lot for the feedback, means a lot!

I think it is clipping or distorted and too loud overall. The basic groove is not bad but, as wagtunes mentioned, you should try to develop things more musically.

Cruooshup wrote: Yeah I didn't use a limiter
used the natural limiter.... just let it clip :hihi: :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Frantz wrote:I think it is clipping or distorted and too loud overall. The basic groove is not bad but, as wagtunes mentioned, you should try to develop things more musically.
100% agree!

Mix needs work in terms of the dynamic control and the interesting raw ideas need development.

Return to “Music Cafe”