Ableton Live 10.0.2: AU users, please update to 10.0.3

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

We have received a few reports of our AUs (possibly also AUs from other manufacturers) running sluggish in Ableton Live 10.0.2 - our initial tests suggest that VST versions run fine.

We can not say yet whether it's our recent update or theirs, but we're in contact with Ableton to see what's going on.

For the time being we suggest to use VST instead of AU.

We'll keep you posted,

- U

UPDATE: June 17 - Looks like 10.0.3 is available (beta? final? What happened to their website?) and seems to fix the issue.

they have stated somewhere in their open beta forums that 10.0.2 has known issues with AU and they pushed the release out. 10.0.3 will fix these issues.
not sure if these are the exact same problems people experience though.

edit:
mal wrote this:
I am sad to say we will release 10.0.2 with 3 known issues. We will release the 10.0.2 since we have seen numerous drag and drop issues fixed which we have received more complaints about than the following 3 bugs:
- Changing presets in some but not all AU plugins will crash live
- At times it will not be possible to drag audio to M4L devices
- Changing presets with Push 2 connected can results in smaller stalls, but not the to extent Live will freeze.

- you do not need to report these issues, we have all the data we need on these topics

We are working on all 3 issues for the next 10.0.3 beta, and we pland to have the first beta released 1-2 weeks after the release of 10.0.2

Thank you.

Pushing a release with a regression like that leaves me a bit speechless.

Urs wrote:Thank you.

it's not the only regression. Live freezes the GUI on Windows after opening some plugins when your refresh rate is > 60hz.
Workarounds possible: Minimize Live after freezing or set refresh rate to 60hz.
One time it even crashed when i inserted ACE, i'm almost sure this was related (but not reproducible)

They are working since 3 months on that patch and I reported the bug 2 months ago.
As I am a software developer myself i can only say :dog:

Yes, it would've been better to go straight to 10.0.3 or release a 10.0.2 with everything fixed, no matter if it takes a month (or whatever) longer.

BTW, here u-he VST plugins are running great in 10.0.2

dermage wrote:they have stated somewhere in their open beta forums that 10.0.2 has known issues with AU and they pushed the release out. 10.0.3 will fix these issues.
not sure if these are the exact same problems people experience though.

edit:
mal wrote this:
I am sad to say we will release 10.0.2 with 3 known issues. We will release the 10.0.2 since we have seen numerous drag and drop issues fixed which we have received more complaints about than the following 3 bugs:
- Changing presets in some but not all AU plugins will crash live
- At times it will not be possible to drag audio to M4L devices
- Changing presets with Push 2 connected can results in smaller stalls, but not the to extent Live will freeze.

- you do not need to report these issues, we have all the data we need on these topics

We are working on all 3 issues for the next 10.0.3 beta, and we pland to have the first beta released 1-2 weeks after the release of 10.0.2
Looks like they released it with 4 known issues as aupreset support is still broken too even though they claim it is fixed in the release notes

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php ... 8f65620f72

Especially considering how much money they charged for the upgrade.

Looking forward to the U-He DAW before I die. :D

So it's not just me. Quite a test suite you have there, Ableton. Oh, you knew? And you did it anyway? My job would be on the line if my dev team pulled a stunt like this. This amounts to: "Yeah, we knew this latest release would break about half of our customer's workflow, but we decided to push it out anyway."

I mean, have you ever heard of blocking bugs?

teilo wrote:So it's not just me. Quite a test suite you have there, Ableton. Oh, you knew? And you did it anyway? My job would be on the line if my dev team pulled a stunt like this. This amounts to: "Yeah, we knew this latest release would break about half of our customer's workflow, but we decided to push it out anyway."

I mean, have you ever heard of blocking bugs?
Hey, it's (fr)Agile Development! :dog:

Oh I am deeply, deeply, deeply unhappy about this.....Live 10.0.1 was great! No issues, worked like a dream! I upgraded to 10.0.2 on Friday & have had my weekend (& an important song I was working on) ruined! Live 10.0.2 has constantly crashed, a lot of my AU plugins have not worked correctly (I had two Zebra2 channels, playing the same preset sounding different). Bounced audio files from my AU plugs then not working properly....And of course Live 10 now auto updates! So I have been down grading to 10.0.1 & Live has been merrily updating itself!

I am not a developer, I am just a user & having worked with Ableton for years safe in the knowledge that the platform has been very stable.....& then for this to happen. Really? Releasing a version with a known bug that is going to cause its users problems.....sorry have I missed something here? And I am more upset about the fact that I am a huge fan of Ableton Live.....but seriously, what the.......

evertonfan wrote:And of course Live 10 now auto updates! So I have been down grading to 10.0.1 & Live has been merrily updating itself!
In Live's preferences, at the bottom, there is a 'Licenses and Maintenance' tab.
You can disable automatic updates there, so you can continue to use 10.0.1 until they fix the problems and release a stable update.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

That's great, thanks for letting me know.....unfortunately I learned the hard way, after Live had updated itself at least twice before I then figured out how to disable the auto update feature.

evertonfan wrote:I am not a developer, I am just a user & having worked with Ableton for years safe in the knowledge that the platform has been very stable.....& then for this to happen. Really? Releasing a version with a known bug that is going to cause its users problems.....sorry have I missed something here? And I am more upset about the fact that I am a huge fan of Ableton Live.....but seriously, what the.......
What it means is that they consider Mac users second-class citizens. They released 10.0.2 early to address the drag-and-drop bugs. Those were annoying, but they didn't make Ableton crash. And it's not like the crash is a rarity on Mac. You can't change a f*ing preset!

At least we know where we stand.

FYI - the 10.0.3 beta has fixed this issue.

Return to “u-he”