Basil - Scintillating (2018) (Future Bass)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The synths need massive EQ'ing in the mid range. They are almost to the point of distortion, especially at the intro. Also can use some limiting on the output buss. Levels seem a bit all over the place.

Otherwise, musically, it's fine. Quirky, but fine.

The output had a limiter, I know the mix is probably meh but once I get some proper monitors you'll definitely hear a difference. This song is pretty much experimenting with new production techniques and what not. Thanks!

There are some interesting musical ideas in here, but the mix made it very difficult to listen properly.
LickBasil wrote:I know the mix is probably meh
This needs sorting!

Use some benchmark tracks to help you get it right...compare and contrast them to the sound of your piece etc.

ChamMusic wrote:There are some interesting musical ideas in here, but the mix made it very difficult to listen properly.
LickBasil wrote:I know the mix is probably meh
This needs sorting!

Use some benchmark tracks to help you get it right...compare and contrast them to the sound of your piece etc.
Yea you're right. The next track I'll put some effort in the mix. It's just every sound system I listen to them in they sound fine. I can't hear a lack of mids or whatnot in the mix.

Return to “Music Cafe”