Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
] Peter:H [
KVRian

533 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

wagtunes wrote:I was pretty disappointed with the entries this month. Those of you who brought it really brought it.

Well, not disappointed. But... Anyway voted. CU
MaZe 6000
KVRer

7 posts since 25 Dec, 2016

Postby MaZe 6000; Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:48 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

Hey there!

I can't retreive my password or create a new account to vote,
I PMed bjporter but he didn't receive my message yet... so I don't know if I will be able to vote...
ilmai
KVRist

214 posts since 25 Aug, 2016, from Helsinki, Finland

Postby ilmai; Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

wagtunes wrote:Well, even though I don't enter these anymore, can't pass up the chance to vote on a Synth1 contest. Still the best free synth out there.

Gonna give it to you straight guys. Aside from the 4 5s and the 6 4s, seemed like most people just phoned this one in. Two tracks were simply titled Synth1 and Synth1 Sketch or something like that (one being like 30 seconds long) Seriously? That's all you can put into this?

Way to come pissing on a light-hearted competition :D I’m fairly sure most people (including me) are doing this in addition to their day job and other projects and participating specifically because it’s so light-hearted and you get constructive feedback. This is all the feedback you can put into this?
Eauson
KVRian

612 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:10 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

wagtunes wrote:Well, even though I can't enter these anymore, don't pass up the chance to vote on a Synth contest. Still the best synth out there.

Gonna give it to you straight guys, seemed like most people just phoned this one in. Two tracks were simply titled Synth1 and Synth1 Sketch or something like that (one being like 30 seconds long) Seriously? That's all you can put into this?

I was pretty disappointed with the entries this month.

That's not fair, I went to all the trouble of calling mine

KVRoSc #112 Synth 1 Ichiro Toda

:D :party: :phones: :hihi:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
TrojakEW
KVRist

206 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Slovakia

Postby TrojakEW; Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:00 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

ilmai wrote:This is all the feedback you can put into this?
Well I think any feedback is nice. Even is somebody call my work crap it is still feedback in some way and reminder that we have still long way ahead. :tu:
Eauson wrote:That's not fair, I went to all the trouble of calling mine

KVRoSc #112 Synth 1 Ichiro Toda

:D :party: :phones: :hihi:
It is up tu you how you call and name your track. Nothing wrong with that. As I mention before take it as opinion and other person view.

doctorbob wrote:and there's nothing wrong at all with that :tu: ...there always has to be some subjective level of voting ... music is not just clinical, if it were, it would not have/generate emotions. :)
dB
Yea I understand this but I still feel bad becuase there is no bad track here. I have oposite thought compared to Wagtunes. I think every one here deserve to be winner for trying hard. There is truth in Ilmai words "I’m fairly sure most people (including me) are doing this in addition to their day job and other projects".
Image Image Image Image
ontrackp
KVRian

596 posts since 13 Jan, 2013, from United States

Postby ontrackp; Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:06 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

Voted.
Thanks to everyone who put time and effort into their tracks -- it's always fun to listen and comment. OSC is an interesting beast that seems to evolve (and sometimes devolve) over the years. It's nice to have Wags back to comment, and he's as upfront as ever (for those who are new, he was a long time participant).

Good luck to all!
Too86
KVRer

10 posts since 15 Apr, 2018

Postby Too86; Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:24 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

Voted!

Damn when did I get this busy that I have hard time listening to songs and voting them. My votes are 100% subjective and I think different criteria was used for every song.
jasinski
KVRian

586 posts since 19 Oct, 2003, from Seattle

Postby jasinski; Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:30 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

voted. I found the quality very high this month. It was difficult to choose the top tracks. Good job to everyone that participated!
The Chase
KVRAF

10523 posts since 12 Jun, 2004, from Alberto Balsam

Postby The Chase; Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

doctorbob wrote:
TrojakEW wrote: … Hard to distribute points as always. Sometimes preference of style win over other aspects.
and there's nothing wrong at all with that :tu: ...there always has to be some subjective level of voting ... music is not just clinical, if it were, it would not have/generate emotions. :)

dB

+1. I vote for creativity and effort regardless of how they manifest. Be it in the sound design itself or in the production or songwriting.
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2661 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:42 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

"There is always some subjective level of voting...".
The whole evaluation is, of course, based on the "subjective levels". Its called taste.
:party: :dog:
Eauson
KVRian

612 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:54 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

Harry_HH wrote:"There is always some subjective level of voting...".
The whole evaluation is, of course, based on the "subjective levels". Its called taste.
:party: :dog:

Yes, there is no accounting for taste, one persons Casu marzu or surströmming or Stinky Tofu is another persons :D

Oh yeah, voted :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
The Chase
KVRAF

10523 posts since 12 Jun, 2004, from Alberto Balsam

Postby The Chase; Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:05 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

Whether you leave it up to taste is entirely up to the voter. I've 5-starred some super camp muzak songs for creatively showing true comprehension of the synth.
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2661 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

The Chase wrote:Whether you leave it up to taste is entirely up to the voter. I've 5-starred some super camp muzak songs for creatively showing true comprehension of the synth.

Yes, one manifestation of the taste, too.

Or you can morf Casu marzu, surströmming and Stinky Tofu, and get something really fantastic out of it...
bh9090
KVRist

261 posts since 7 Dec, 2006, from Richmond, VA, USA

Postby bh9090; Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:40 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

Voted.
functionform
KVRist

183 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia

Postby functionform; Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:14 am Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

I need a few more hours to finish voting please please please!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments