Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
danyo2008
KVRist

33 posts since 1 Mar, 2018

Postby danyo2008; Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm My new Trance Track Sonority

Hi,

just released my new track Sonority. Hope you like it... Comments are welcome :-)

Pruduced with FL Studio 12 and later FL Studio 20.

Used Synths: Sylenth1, Serum, Hybrid

Many build in Plug-ins and some 3rd Party Free Plug ins....

This is my third song I have made. So, don't be too hard to me :-).

https://soundcloud.com/user-413310005/sonority

Regards
Danyo
Last edited by danyo2008 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wagtunes
KVRAF

11793 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46 pm Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

I know I'm going to regret this.

Let me touch on the positive first.

The mix was decent. I'd have liked the kick a little more beefy but all in all not bad and a minor thing.

The track itself was 5 minutes too long. There were basically two themes in this piece, the first 3 minutes and the last 5 minutes. Each section had very little variation in it. Yes there were subtle little things that kept them somewhat moving, but for the most part, they just didn't go anywhere. A little more melody would have helped. Some arrangement changes that weren't just a sound coming in here and there that was barely audible in the grand scheme of things.

And then, finally, the overall track itself is so cliche. It's almost sounds like a demo of what this genre sounds like. "Here you go folks, this is trance." And it is. No mistake about it. It's as trance as trance can get. But that's also its biggest problem. There is nothing new here. And without any real changes other than at the 3 minute mark, it gets monotonous very fast.

Can it be salvaged? Absolutely. The foundation is there. Like I said, THIS is trance. But give us something that's not the same old same old that doesn't sound like it was literally lifted off of a turn of the century record.

Now, if that's what you were going for. Mission accomplished and there's not much to do with this. But personally, the piece just did nothing for me emotionally.

Please take this in the spirit in which it was intended.
elassi
KVRAF

1876 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:18 pm Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

Dig the energy of the track. And with this devilfish type of 303-sound you'll always get me, in doubt even after four days of partying. ;-)

What doesn't sound to good in my eardrums are the (imho) overdosed FX, especially the reverb and self-conflicting delay lines.

Anyway, not being a fan of Trance your track grabbed my attention though.
danyo2008
KVRist

Postby danyo2008; Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:58 am Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

wagtunes wrote:I know I'm going to regret this.

Let me touch on the positive first.

The mix was decent. I'd have liked the kick a little more beefy but all in all not bad and a minor thing.

The track itself was 5 minutes too long. There were basically two themes in this piece, the first 3 minutes and the last 5 minutes. Each section had very little variation in it. Yes there were subtle little things that kept them somewhat moving, but for the most part, they just didn't go anywhere. A little more melody would have helped. Some arrangement changes that weren't just a sound coming in here and there that was barely audible in the grand scheme of things.

And then, finally, the overall track itself is so cliche. It's almost sounds like a demo of what this genre sounds like. "Here you go folks, this is trance." And it is. No mistake about it. It's as trance as trance can get. But that's also its biggest problem. There is nothing new here. And without any real changes other than at the 3 minute mark, it gets monotonous very fast.

Can it be salvaged? Absolutely. The foundation is there. Like I said, THIS is trance. But give us something that's not the same old same old that doesn't sound like it was literally lifted off of a turn of the century record.

Now, if that's what you were going for. Mission accomplished and there's not much to do with this. But personally, the piece just did nothing for me emotionally.

Please take this in the spirit in which it was intended.

Hello wagtunes,

Thx for your honest opinion.... I am constantly working on improving myself. Sure, I have not reinvented the wheel, but this was not my goal. But who knows, where the road is going. :-)

I was and I am a big fan of the classical uplifting trance music, with the classical Arps and melodies. This was my goal for this track. So, as you said "mission accomplished" :-) . But I also like modern trance and I am a big fan of Psy Trance, but because I have just started to produce on my own (I am a hobby producer), Psy Trance is more difficult to produce, and I need more time here for learning :-).

But criticism could be both. Positive and negative. But negative criticism has also a positive effect. I will take your opinion with me, and who knows, maybe the next song will be more modern than my other songs...

So thank you very much
Danyo
danyo2008
KVRist

Postby danyo2008; Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:03 am Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

elassi wrote:Dig the energy of the track. And with this devilfish type of 303-sound you'll always get me, in doubt even after four days of partying. ;-)

What doesn't sound to good in my eardrums are the (imho) overdosed FX, especially the reverb and self-conflicting delay lines.

Anyway, not being a fan of Trance your track grabbed my attention though.

Thx for your answer.... And nice to hear, that my song has caught the attention of someone who does not hear trance music. :-)
Bansaw
KVRist

267 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Postby Bansaw; Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:23 am Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

Nice.
The elements need separating though, kind of all mushes together. EQ...
Great work though++
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Kontakt 5, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | My Ebay profile |
Eric Danger
KVRist

31 posts since 22 Apr, 2016, from Low Earth Orbit

Postby Eric Danger; Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:30 pm Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

I just spent eight minutes listening to some random guy's trance tune, and I don't feel like I've wasted my time. It was interesting.
User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Show Signatures (No)
Mat-tvank
KVRer

19 posts since 2 Jun, 2018

Postby Mat-tvank; Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:23 pm Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

I think it´s too long. 8 minutes full power. Half of it and it have that cup of coffee taste :wink:
The Kick do not really working with my ears(just hear it with simply headphones and compared to similar tracks which have more Air between the lines.

It´s your third song? Well done! Take a look at mixing(Are there Demo Arrangements in FL?) and think about the people who listen to your track. What could it be worth to listen 8 minutes to it?

:)
danyo2008
KVRist

Postby danyo2008; Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:33 am Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

Eric Danger wrote:I just spent eight minutes listening to some random guy's trance tune, and I don't feel like I've wasted my time. It was interesting.

Thank you very much... :-)
danyo2008
KVRist

Postby danyo2008; Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:37 am Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

Mat-tvank wrote:I think it´s too long. 8 minutes full power. Half of it and it have that cup of coffee taste :wink:
The Kick do not really working with my ears(just hear it with simply headphones and compared to similar tracks which have more Air between the lines.

It´s your third song? Well done! Take a look at mixing(Are there Demo Arrangements in FL?) and think about the people who listen to your track. What could it be worth to listen 8 minutes to it?

:)

Hi, thank you very much for your recommendations... Yes, it is my third Song, and i am still learning. :-)
Perhaps i will also create a short Version of this song soon.... :-) I personally like the progressive style at the beginning, but your are right, it is not everyones taste :-).....

So, thanks for listening my Song and for your answer....

Regards
Danyo
danyo2008
KVRist

Postby danyo2008; Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:59 am Re: My new Trance Track Sonority

Have updated the song.... Still learning the mastering process :-)

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe