Melody Generator - Ableton / MaxforLive

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
evabeat
KVRer
7 posts since 4 Jun, 2018

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:25 am

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce you to a new product I’ve developed, I’m hoping it offers something new and useful - Melody Sauce is a Pop/EDM Melody Generator device for Ableton/MaxForLive that generates melodic phrases as MIDI at the click of a button.

It’s designed as a tool to help the music creation process along, offering a quick and unlimited source of melodic ideas. It took about 18 months’ of R&D, analysing chart music with a prof of algorithmic musicology and building complex generative algorithms.

You select a few simple parameters and press generate to create a MIDI clip which appears at the start of the next bar. You can keep doing this to generate and audition phrases on the fly until you generate one you like. None of the melodies are pre-programmed, they are all built each time you click to generate, and the number of permutations are in the millions. Thanks for checking out the demos in the links below:

Demos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVri8dFF88&t=12s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0f8lgZU4Uk
Tutorial: https://vimeo.com/269467200

I realise this will not be for everyone, but any feedback on whether you think this sounds like a useful product or not would be very gratefully received! I’m currently developing algorithms that will generate chords and beats too.

Thanks for listening :)

EVAbeat

musicartist
Banned
102 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Re: Melody Generator - Ableton / MaxforLive

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:42 pm

So it’s just for melodies ?

Because in the videos the songs also contained chords.

Nice work, by the way.

Stefken
KVRian
656 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Is there a demo ?
As in : not a video but a demo you can try out.

evabeat
KVRer

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 am

Thanks musicartist and stefken for taking a look and for your kind words.

Yes it generates the melodies as MIDI - in the demo video the device is generating all the melodies you hear, over a couple of pre-existing/pre-programmed backing tracks (the chords, beats etc.) We are working on chord generator and beat generator tools too.

As M4L doesn't really allow for free demos as such (there are no easy ways to limit a demo, it would have to be the full version for free) there isn't a demo version I'm afraid. I realise this means you'd need to take our word for it but it really does work! :wink:

Thanks again for your helpful feedback.

EVAbeat.

Trancit
KVRAF
1803 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 am

That´s a great idea for inspiration and having a starting point... bought :-)

BTW: Looking forward for a chord tool...

Trancit
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:48 am

evabeat wrote: ...As M4L doesn't really allow for free demos as such (there are no easy ways to limit a demo, it would have to be the full version for free) there isn't a demo version I'm afraid. I realise this means you'd need to take our word for it but it really does work! :wink: ...
Works great!!! :clap:

evabeat
KVRer

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Thank you Trancit for your support - glad you like it and hope it proves super helpful in your music creations!

If you have any thoughts, comments or suggestions we'd love to know.

Thanks again and happy music making :)

EVAbeat

Vertion
KVRist
478 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Post Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 am

What is this voodoo?

evabeat
KVRer

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 am

We’re very happy to announce that we’ve just released our new MelodySauce VST/AU plugin.

The VST features a completely redesigned interface, new creation controls and improved generative algorithms, and is compatible with most DAWs.

It's available to buy now on our website www.evabeat.com (introductory price of £29.99). If you’d like to know more please see below, thanks:

Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1nm86LBnFM

MelodySauce is a powerful MIDI melody creator VST, which uses advanced generative algorithms to help you create instrumental melodies in your DAW as MIDI. Designed as a co-creation tool for anyone making music in pop and EDM styles, it provides a quick and unlimited source of melodies and melodic inspiration, created for you at the click of a button.

Thank you for taking a look! :)

Charlie
EVABEAT

zeph
KVRer
27 posts since 27 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:56 am

Sounds great EVABEAT :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please tell us that the guys that brought the MAX for live product can get a cross-grade discount for the VST :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

sureno
KVRian
830 posts since 4 May, 2008 from West London Depot

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:02 pm

zeph wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:56 am
Sounds great EVABEAT :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please tell us that the guys that brought the MAX for live product can get a cross-grade discount for the VST :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
+1

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4735 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:43 pm

pm sent

simmo75
KVRian
1043 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Is there a demo I can try out?

Trancit
KVRAF

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:44 pm

evabeat wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 am
We’re very happy to announce that we’ve just released our new MelodySauce VST/AU plugin.
Just today I was complaining Melody Sauce being just M4L... and now it´s VST...
Thx very much...bought!!! :tu:

Trancit
KVRAF

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm

simmo75 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 pm
Is there a demo I can try out?
If you are looking for a melody generator, which generates something useful: This is the way to go...

Return to “Effects”