Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
antcarrier
KVRist

37 posts since 22 Feb, 2017, from Australia

Postby antcarrier; Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:53 pm Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

Hello musos!

I have just finished my latest track. Its a bit of a mixture of electronica, jazz fusion, classical, and prog rock. It has plenty of fretless electric guitar and LinnStrument too.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Jon

https://soundcloud.com/jonny_lawson/digital_life
Allomerus
KVRAF

1983 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:03 am Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

As soon as I saw fretless guitar and LinnStrument I had to have a listen.
Awesome sounds!
Constantly evolving and fascinating!
I like the key for the guitar solo (and nicely played!)
Well done Jonny!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
Frantz
KVRAF

4796 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York
Impressive guitar skills, some adventurous sounds, and beautiful melody. Awesome! :)
experimental.crow
KVRAF

5462 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills

Postby experimental.crow; Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:06 pm Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

ichi ban ...
wagtunes
KVRAF

12883 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 pm Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

Finding 10 minutes in my day is tough but I managed.

As a big prog rock fan going back almost 50 years, I can't say I've heard anything that quite sounds like this. You seem to have a little bit of everything in there. Closest I can point to, and even this is as loose as it gets, is Tangerine Dream. But even they're a stretch here.

Enjoyed every second.
antcarrier
KVRist

Postby antcarrier; Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:06 am Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

Frantz wrote:Impressive guitar skills, some adventurous sounds, and beautiful melody. Awesome! :)

Thanks mate, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

experimental.crow wrote:ichi ban ...

Arigatou! :D

wagtunes wrote:Finding 10 minutes in my day is tough but I managed.

As a big prog rock fan going back almost 50 years, I can't say I've heard anything that quite sounds like this. You seem to have a little bit of everything in there. Closest I can point to, and even this is as loose as it gets, is Tangerine Dream. But even they're a stretch here.

Enjoyed every second.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and took the time to listen. I suppose what I like about progressive music, is that it gives you a license to be as creative as you want, without any concern that your ideas should suit a particular style. As long as they are congruent, it's okay :party: It is a long piece of music, so I'm glad you had a good time :)
layzer
KVRAF

5424 posts since 11 Jun, 2006
top stuff, dynamic, great sounds, varied and well composed. enjoyed :tu: :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
simonhans73
KVRist

194 posts since 15 Sep, 2002

Postby simonhans73; Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:08 pm Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

Really interesting music. And great playing
rp314
KVRAF

2110 posts since 24 Mar, 2006, from The city by the bay
I was just listening to McLaughlin's The Promise and this fits in nicely with stuff from that period. :tu:
Bansaw
KVRist

304 posts since 19 Aug, 2008
nice, outside the box, works good.
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Kontakt 5, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | Youtube |
My VPS Avenger Sapphire expansion | www.BansawCrown.com | My Freebies
andrelafosse
KVRist

235 posts since 18 Jun, 2010

Postby andrelafosse; Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:05 pm Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

Lurvely! (And a +1 on the McLaughlin "Promise" comparison...)
antcarrier
KVRist

Postby antcarrier; Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:10 pm Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

Thanks heaps guys :)

I'll have to check out 'The Promise'. I've got a bunch of Mahavishnu albums but haven't listened to McLauchlin's solo stuff. I'm always on the look out for new music to listen to!
rp314
KVRAF

2110 posts since 24 Mar, 2006, from The city by the bay
I don't know that I would put The Promise up too high but as with any of his albums and cds you're bound to find interesting bits...and the scope of his work is still among the most impressive for any guitarist. To wit, the year before the Inner Mounting Flame, I heard him for the first time in this acoustic duo with Larry Coryell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6W1gEyq084

:love:

Sorry for hijacking your thread...
antcarrier
KVRist

Postby antcarrier; Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:51 am Re: Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

rp314 wrote:I don't know that I would put The Promise up too high but as with any of his albums and cds you're bound to find interesting bits...and the scope of his work is still among the most impressive for any guitarist. To wit, the year before the Inner Mounting Flame, I heard him for the first time in this acoustic duo with Larry Coryell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6W1gEyq084

:love:

Sorry for hijacking your thread...

Don't apologise for sharing good music :) That was a cool track - very interesting!

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe