Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
biodiode
KVRist

361 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:17 pm Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

Something a little different as I set myself a one note challenge. This is the result https://soundcloud.com/biodiode/cosmic-whirlpool

All one note and octaves of that one note used.
wagtunes
KVRAF

12883 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:42 pm Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

When I saw one note I thought this was going to be dull as hell. Boy, was I wrong.

Loved it. Now THAT'S being creative.
biodiode
KVRist

Postby biodiode; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:48 pm Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

Thank you very much, this means a lot to me :)
Aleatoriac
KVRAF

1662 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from betwixt

Postby Aleatoriac; Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:25 pm Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

Lovely restraint -> creativity, necessity being the desperate lover of invention and all :party:
I particularly enjoy the monosynth "oooo-weeee-oooo" stuff in there. I've always liked that. Reminds me of Delia Derbyshire's 'Doctor Who' work, probably triggers happy kid feelings.

Sounded really clear and clean too

Thanks for sharing your music
ChamMusic
KVRian

787 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:42 pm Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

Thoroughly enjoyed it...very JW's War of the Worlds in some ways.

One point though:

The one note challenge title confuses me as I can clearly hear perfect 5ths and minor 3rds at certain points as well as the root note and its octaves! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
biodiode
KVRist

Postby biodiode; Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 am Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

Thank you Aleatoriac glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks ChamMusic. In the words of Sesame Street "Today featured the key C, C and oh yeah C". There may be some overtones from the space whale sound but none intentionally used.
ChamMusic
KVRian

787 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 am Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

biodiode wrote:Thank you Aleatoriac glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks ChamMusic. In the words of Sesame Street "Today featured the key C, C and oh yeah C". There may be some overtones from the space whale sound but none intentionally used.

Fair enough, it certainly doesn't matter at all, anyway...

If you used only Cs, the fact that it produced other notes because of the selected patches is actually quite interesting.

I don't hear them as overtones / harmonics at all; certainly not from the space whale sound...not in the right frequency range relative to the other pitches and also quite strong and clear notes with a different timbral quality.

24 secs = minor 3rd

33 = perfect 5th

54 = perfect 5th

1' 06" = minor 3rd

There are others as well.
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
layzer
KVRAF

5427 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:45 am Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

superb! i didn't miss a note change at all thanks to all the different sounds and exceptional mix.
cool stuff , Bio! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
biodiode
KVRist

Postby biodiode; Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:12 pm Re: Cosmic Whirlpool (One note challenge)

Thanks layzer, glad the mix sounds good. :party:

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe