Save Controller Mappings with Device Preset?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there, I try to map some controller knobs to some vst parameters via cc messages.
Follwing steps are done:
1. assign a cc message to a bw modulator (knob/macro).
2. modulate some vst parameters via bw modulation function
3. save as preset
problem:
4. reload preset in other projects/new channels

Everything works as expected until I save the device preset and try to reload it - every mapping is gone.
Is there a way to make this work. Even the mapping dialog tells me, that the specific mappings are still valid, but the device doesn't receive any messages...

Thanks indeed...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Instead of a knob as modulator you should use midi directly as modulator...

This is kind of inconveniant, because I'd like to use the variable macro system inside bitwig - otherwise I could use any other host...

For your controller, are you using the Generic MIDI script or a specific script for it? BWS has a rather nice system called Remote Controls; I'm sure you're familiar with them by interacting with Device Presets - open it at the bottom left of a Device with the six dots. They present up to 8 Parameters on the Device, and although most Devices and some plugins will have a few Pages of these by default, you can actually create your own and save it with either the Preset or the Device globally.

Going back to the Controller Scripts... it's easy and recommended to use a Controller Script as a 'view' into these Remote Controls. In essence, these 8 Remote Controls are automatically mapped to your 8 MIDI Controls and they follow the Devices and Preset Pages as you switch between them. Not only is that super quick for a workflow, but if you make your own Page with the right Parameters it will do exactly what you want from it!

EDIT: If that's not workable, I think what you're describing may be a bug, especially since they show up as mappings but do nothing. And to follow up on the last suggestions, you can use Macros that affect other Macros! So you could add MIDI Modulators that affect the ones you've already created.
Creator of Bitwiggers, the place to share Bitwig Presets.
Advocate for Bitwish, the place to vote on Feature Requests and discuss Bitwig.

You might find something you can use here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p7070842

these work with most generic 8 or 18 knob layouts.

Return to “Bitwig”