Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Crampe
KVRer

17 posts since 3 Feb, 2012

Postby Crampe; Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:27 am BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

I'm very glad to let you know that bounce in place in L10 is now a reality, and a simple one-click action thanks to M4L!

https://youtu.be/0Lpu0E0p8xg
antic604
KVRian

970 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

Err..., but that's not how bounce-in-place works properly: https://youtu.be/-muxJvmvm8U
Live 10 / Bitwig 2 / Reason 10 / Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
Crampe
KVRer

Postby Crampe; Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:01 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

That's indeed not how bounce-in-place works in Bigwig, which is not how it works in Logic, which is not how it works in Cubase... and which is the best way to fake it with M4L in regard to Live and M4L limitations.
cheers
antic604
KVRian

970 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:31 pm Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

Crampe wrote:That's indeed not how bounce-in-place works in Bigwig, which is not how it works in Logic, which is not how it works in Cubase... and which is the best way to fake it with M4L in regard to Live and M4L limitations.
cheers

Then it should be called bounce-in-some-other-place :P
Live 10 / Bitwig 2 / Reason 10 / Studio One 4
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
phoneyk
KVRer

18 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby phoneyk; Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

I really thought it was a feature of Ableton Live, not some Max for Live stuff.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22322 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:56 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

If this bounces to a new track, then how is it "in-place"? Can you explain what's the difference to bouncing to a new track using Lives built-in track sends or inputs?
Crampe
KVRer

Postby Crampe; Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

thecontrolcentre wrote:If this bounces to a new track, then how is it "in-place"? Can you explain what's the difference to bouncing to a new track using Lives built-in track sends or inputs?

It's almost-in-place!
I think I do not totally understand your question about sends.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

Crampe wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:If this bounces to a new track, then how is it "in-place"? Can you explain what's the difference to bouncing to a new track using Lives built-in track sends or inputs?

It's almost-in-place!

There is already the option to send or receive audio from any source on every track, so you can bounce from any track to any track. How is PiP different?
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25878 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Crampe wrote:

It's almost-in-place!

There is already the option to send or receive audio from any source on every track, so you can bounce from any track to any track. How is PiP different?

I dont think its different, its more like its an automation of a set of several steps down to a one-key action. have a look at around 0.45-0.48 of the video, it details all the steps it does.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

I get it ... thanks. :)
Crampe
KVRer

Postby Crampe; Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:16 am Re: BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

whyterabbyt wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Crampe wrote:

It's almost-in-place!

I dont think its different, its more like its an automation of a set of several steps down to a one-key action. have a look at around 0.45-0.48 of the video, it details all the steps it does.

Yep, it's simply automating the steps.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)