Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Toverhoofd
KVRer

4 posts since 17 Aug, 2013

Postby Toverhoofd; Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:37 am Trigger Korg SQ1 from Mulab

Hi

I have few basic midi knowledge so I need some help.

I managed to have my Korg SQ1 synced to Mulab and it follows the songspeed of Mulab which is nice, but I really need to trigger the machine at some point in a song (I always have to push the SQ1 play button manually)
How do I do that?

Erik
pljones
KVRAF

6244 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:21 am Re: Trigger Korg SQ1 from Mulab

It depends on whether your SQ1 can be triggered by a Channel Voice message. If it can, then just insert the appropriate message using the sequence List editor view.

Otherwise, unfortunately, MuLab's sequence editor doesn't allow you to insert System Common or Real-Time Messages or Channel Mode Messages.

(In case you're not familiar with the terms, they're defined here.)
AndreasD
KVRian

829 posts since 2 Mar, 2009

Postby AndreasD; Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 am Re: Trigger Korg SQ1 from Mulab

From what pljones said and the manual and midi implementation chart I have checked, I don't think there is an easy way to start the SQ1 from somewhere mid song.

If your audio interface outputs DC voltage and you have 2 spare audio outs, you could emulate a Sync Out signal (clock and run/stop) that would connect to the Sync In of the SQ1. That way you have full controll over start/stop and tempo of the SQ1.

Attached MUX would output a DC voltage. If that works at your audio out (requires a voltmeter), I could help with the signals, setup and cables required.
I'm running 4 sequencers in perfect sync with DIN Sync signals and the SQ1 was made for a hardware environment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toverhoofd
KVRer

4 posts since 17 Aug, 2013

Postby Toverhoofd; Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:21 pm Re: Trigger Korg SQ1 from Mulab

Thanks for the help guys! Honestly, I thought it was a relatively easy job to do.
Considering my very basic midi and CV skills I am leaving it this way.
It now just takes some time to practice to punch in my MS20 sequencer lines on top of dreamy softsynthpads (it's a more or less a Klaus Schulze-esque track) :)
Thx
Erik

Moderators: muzycian, mutools

Return to MUTOOLS