Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Roger-S.
KVRist

71 posts since 9 Nov, 2005, from Germany/Mexico

Postby Roger-S.; Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:39 pm Which drum sampler VST supports Program Change or Keyswitches?

Hello!

I am looking for a drum sampler plugin, which lets me change sounds or drumkits using porgram change or keyswitches. The idea is to automate the change of a kit from within Cubase in a live situation.

IMPORTANT: Appearently this does not work with TX16Wx, although the programmer assured me, that program change is functioning.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
All the best.

Roger
DSmolken
KVRian

1299 posts since 20 Sep, 2013, from Poland

Postby DSmolken; Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 am Re: Which drum sampler VST supports Program Change or Keyswitches?

pljones and I talked about doing something like this for switching between brushes, sticks, and brush on snare and sticks on toms and/or cymbals, and even brush rings on cymbals. It'd be doable quite easily with SFZ via keyswitches or MIDI CC ranges. Kontakt could do it also, and I would guess HISE, too. In general, "regular" samplers can do this, but those are more work to set up than drum-specific sampler plugins.
Roger-S.
KVRist

71 posts since 9 Nov, 2005, from Germany/Mexico

Postby Roger-S.; Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:39 pm Re: Which drum sampler VST supports Program Change or Keyswitches?

Hello DSmolken!

Thanks for your reply and your suggestions. I wasn´t even going that far...I just need to change the whole kit, preferibly via Keyswitches or Program Change. Appearently Cubase seems to have issues with Program Change, I found several plugins not changing programs using that message, so I guess, I´ll have to rely on keyswitches. I don´t have Kontakt, and I don´t see purchasing it any time soon, it´s way too pricey. Btw, Battery 3 does not the job either...

Hopefully there are more suggestions to come.
All the best.

Roger

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries