Wet/Dry Controls

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
Maybe a "stupid" question, but on vVerb and vRoom, where, if any, are the Wet/Dry controls that would seem common on many other reverbs. Maybe even more so, the actual output level control of the reverb.
1.png
Thank you for any assistance that may be provided.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As far as i can see, there are none. Just a Mix parameter.

Think i remember Sean recommended to use the reverbs as send effects anyway though (i always do that), and, obviously, you won't need wet & dry parameters then, because you can operate that from your host levels then.

chk071 wrote:As far as i can see, there are none. Just a Mix parameter.

Think i remember Sean recommended to use the reverbs as send effects anyway though (i always do that), and, obviously, you won't need wet & dry parameters then, because you can operate that from your host levels then.
https://valhalladsp.com/2017/04/21/send ... re-reverb/
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Hello,
Thank you for the replies...much appreciated.

Granted to what has been stated...but what of us folks that do not, or who prefer not to use send effects?

I perform solo guitar and I much prefer using reverb "on its own" - therefore, as an insert effect.

So, why not have this option?

mr-es335 wrote: I perform solo guitar and I much prefer using reverb "on its own" - therefore, as an insert effect.

So, why not have this option?
Frankly, i don't see any advantage in doing so. So, my question would rather be, why do you prefer, and what do you think are the advantages, of using it as an insert effect?

I can answer that! Because somehow it's seems more "natural" and is easier (without the routing) to add effects as inserts per track, in many DAWS in the software domain (mine being Reaper). Especially if you're not using many tracks/busses, etc. it becomes a bit of a "habit" workflow.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I use reverb as a send fx, but I still think the output knob is much needed for quick level matched comparisons.
I usually test/compare multiple instances of reverbs (as sends) on the same track, to find the one which works better on that particular occasion and Valhalla instances are pretty much the only ones which can't be level matched to the others without being paired to a separate gain knob plugin after each one of them.

I really, really like Valhalla's reverbs but IMHO an output knob should indeed be provided.

Hello,

I would concur with Niowiad on the gain knob and with Nielzie and the naturalness of an insert effect.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”