Simple video for synthwave music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan DR-910 FM8 Hexagon '85 Kamioooka MT Power Drum Kit REAPER TAL-Reverb-4

Hi. This is my first entry.
I edit videos for my own music, since it seems people are more keen to hear it if it has something to look at, sadly.
I want to know what you guys think of the video: If its ok, mediocre, plain bad.. heh.
I went for a retro-80s feel, since the music is "synthwave". I downloaded some stock footage from the web with a common theme for each part of the track.
The issue I had is that sony vegas pro 13 DOESN'T HAVE any automatic audio spectrum visualizer generator! So I had to screen capture winamp's visualization and blend it over the footage.
FInally, I threw some warp fx and tv simulator to the video output so it looks like seen on a CRT TV.
Hope you like it. :phones:

ThE pAtH wAs ClEaR:
1.Starry Forest
2.Night Trip
3.City Lights
4.Look at the sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYswCsRHRjg

Music well done. Very cool video. :tu:

Thank you for the kind words, wagtunes. :)

why don't you put together a series of news clips from that era?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bansaw wrote:why don't you put together a series of news clips from that era?
Sorry, I dont understand. What do you mean?
Vortifex wrote:I felt that the drums were too far back in the mix, probably because of too much wet on the reverb. I think you could improve it by reducing some of the reverb and giving the drums more of a clear presence in the mix.
Thanks for the tip.
I was so afraid of the drums being "over the top" and had this idea in mind were I wanted all to sound "spacey" but clearly maybe it was too much difussion overall and that killed the drums. I'll got that in mind in the future.

Return to “Music Cafe”