How to use MelodicFlow VSTi in Waveform?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could you pls help me?

I spent one hour trying to figure out how to use MelodicFlow VSTi in Waveform, but there is still no sound.

https://feelyoursound.com/melodicflow/

According to the manual, MelodicFlow acts as a VST instrument inside your DAW. It receives notes like any other VST instrument, but won't generate audio signals. Instead it creates MIDI notes which must be passed on to another instrument to hear anything.
The manual shows the guide for some DAWs like this:
• Bitwig: Add MelodicFlow to an instrument track. Then add another instrument to the same track (after MelodicFlow in the device chain).
• Cubase: Add MelodicFlow to one track, and another instrument to a different track. From the Input Routing list on the instrument track, select MelodicFlow - MIDI Out. Turn on monitor input on the instrument track by clicking the monitor button.
• FL Studio: Add MelodicFlow to a new channel. Click the Wrapping Settings button. Set Output port to 1 in the settings panel. Add another instrument to a different channel. Click the Wrapping Settings button. Set Input port to 1. You can use any port number you like, but the output and input port number must be the same.
• Reaper: Add MelodicFlow to a track. Then add another instrument to the same track (after MelodicFlow in the device chain).
• Sonar: Add MelodicFlow to a new instrument track. The "MIDI Output setting" must be checked in the "Insert Soft Synth Options" window. Then add another instrument to a second track, open the "Track Inspector" and set "MIDI Input" to "MelodicFlow -> MIDI Omni". You also have to activate the "Input Echo" button on the second instrument track.
• Studio One: Add MelodicFlow to one track (A) and another instrument to a different track (B). Click on the Instrument Input list of the B-track and select Melodic Flow (maybe you need to change the track height to make the instrument input box visible). Turn on input monitoring on track A and B (click on the Monitor button).

I have tried with Waveform, but the synth did not make any sound with MelodicFlow enabled.

Thank you for your kind advice.

Put a normal VST in the normal place, then drop this VST just in front of it. It processes midi to midi; then the normal vst will convert midi to audio; and you can put any normal AUDIO vst (i.e. reverb, volume) after that, like you normally do.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Hi,

What you suggested was the first thing I did in Waveform. In the Input, I chose my Midi Keyboard. But there was no sound when I played the keyboard. When I removed the MelodicFlow, then I can hear the sound of my synth. But when I add the MelodicFlow in front of the synth, there is no sound again.

Without going through the manual...

It looks like it plays notes in the upper octave of an 88 key keyboard; and the lower 5 octaves are used to control/define chords. I've seen similar "guitar chord players" that you use part of the keyboard to define what/how to strum/etc and a small part of the keyboard to actually play.

How many keys on your controller?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Hi,

My keyboard has 49 keys.

I want to add that when I tried the same MelodicFlow in Mixcraft, then it is alright. So I don't know what is wrong with my setup in Waveform.

Thank you.

Did you get it working?

Return to “Tracktion”