Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
recursive one
KVRAF

3374 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 am Safe Travels (melodic/morning psytrance)

I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

9339 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:01 am Re: Safe Travels (melodic/morning psytrance)

Awesome!
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
recursive one
KVRAF

Postby recursive one; Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:36 am Re: Safe Travels (melodic/morning psytrance)

wagtunes wrote:When I saw you put up a track I knew it would be good.

:oops: :hug:
wagtunes wrote:Synths used?

Tons of them :) Viper (some of the presets I had made for this track made it into Viper factory banks btw), Spire, Serum, Rapid, Sylenth, Dune2, U-He synths. Maybe something else I forgot. G-Sonique Ultrabass for the bassline.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Awesome!

Thanks! :)
Aleatoriac
KVRAF

1651 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from betwixt

Postby Aleatoriac; Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm Re: Safe Travels (melodic/morning psytrance)

Nice! Bright but not harsh, lots of little details and interest
This is the kind of thing I TRY to produce... but always end up with something else LOL
I like the bit around 1:50 - it's a fake out of sorts, like the standard subdivision increase in the kick, then it just went like "f**k it" and crazy.
My only critique is the first 4 minutes or so not enough dynamics, but that's probably a genre thing
recursive one
KVRAF

Postby recursive one; Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:21 am Re: Safe Travels (melodic/morning psytrance)

Aleatoriac wrote:Nice! Bright but not harsh, lots of little details and interest
This is the kind of thing I TRY to produce... but always end up with something else LOL
I like the bit around 1:50 - it's a fake out of sorts, like the standard subdivision increase in the kick, then it just went like "f**k it" and crazy.
My only critique is the first 4 minutes or so not enough dynamics, but that's probably a genre thing

Thanks!

Well, actually I sometimes try to produce other things, like ambient, downtempo etc ... Always come back to psytrance, the only subgenre where I'm not totally incompetent. :)

Introducing a theme and then suddenly starting something completely different instead of that theme is a common thing in psytrance, exactly what I tried to do at 1:50

I wonder what you mean by not enough dynamics?

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe