Syndrew - 'Sensation'

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello to all !! my name is Syndrew, I want to present my first track! it's a deep house song.
hope you like it !!

https://soundcloud.com/syndrew/syndrew- ... iginal-mix

I accept both criticism and advice.

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 7
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 7

Comments: I'm starting to think that maybe I just don't belong in this era of music. I found this track incredibly monotonous. It's the same progression over and over. There is almost no variation in this piece at all outside of the two main parts. It just doesn't go anywhere. You essentially took a 2 minute song and stretched it into 4 minutes plus. And then I'm getting this country music vibe (probably because of the progression and the instrumentation) that just doesn't fit for me at all. Anyway, I'm probably not qualified to comment on this track but did want to give it a listen and didn't want to just ignore your work like so many people around here do. I get very little to no feedback on the music I post, which is actually worse than being criticized. So I hope you'll take these comments in the spirit in which they were intended. In short, the piece just bored me. I found nothing interesting about it at all. Technically, however, I can recognize it was a decent job, which is why I gave you the scores I did.

I'm not the biggest fan of this genre but I really enjoyed this. Good atmosphere and good production. The melodies are simple but lovely.

Yet again I disagree with Wags about the track being monotonous. This genre doesn't call for lots of melodic or harmonic variations, it's supposed to be groovy and sort of hypnotic. I think this track actually has more interesting variations and turns than a typical deep house song.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of this genre but I really enjoyed this. Good atmosphere and good production. The melodies are simple but lovely.

Yet again I disagree with Wags about the track being monotonous. This genre doesn't call for lots of melodic or harmonic variations, it's supposed to be groovy and sort of hypnotic. I think this track actually has more interesting variations and turns than a typical deep house song.
And that to me is the definition of monotonous. Yes, I am simply too old for you guys. :hihi:

Sounds good to me. Not monotonous at all. Pretty damn impressive for a first tune. Well done.

wagtunes wrote:Yes, I am simply too old for you guys. :hihi:
I don't see what age has to do with it. I'm getting on myself and I enjoyed the track.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Yes, I am simply too old for you guys. :hihi:
I don't see what age has to do with it. I'm getting on myself and I enjoyed the track.
I said "I". Me. Nobody else. Just me. I wasn't speaking for all old people. Just myself.

Just wanted to make that clear.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 7
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 7

Comments: I'm starting to think that maybe I just don't belong in this era of music. I found this track incredibly monotonous. It's the same progression over and over. There is almost no variation in this piece at all outside of the two main parts. It just doesn't go anywhere. You essentially took a 2 minute song and stretched it into 4 minutes plus. And then I'm getting this country music vibe (probably because of the progression and the instrumentation) that just doesn't fit for me at all. Anyway, I'm probably not qualified to comment on this track but did want to give it a listen and didn't want to just ignore your work like so many people around here do. I get very little to no feedback on the music I post, which is actually worse than being criticized. So I hope you'll take these comments in the spirit in which they were intended. In short, the piece just bored me. I found nothing interesting about it at all. Technically, however, I can recognize it was a decent job, which is why I gave you the scores I did.
Thanks for the criticism I will keep it in mind in my future projects. :tu:

recursive one wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of this genre but I really enjoyed this. Good atmosphere and good production. The melodies are simple but lovely.

Thank you very much for the compliments.
I'm glad you liked it !! :lol: :lol:

thecontrolcentre wrote:Sounds good to me. Not monotonous at all. Pretty damn impressive for a first tune. Well done.
I've been making music for a few years, but only now I decided to show it to the public ... thanks for the compliments !! :lol: :) :D

Return to “Music Cafe”